Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Week #23 Taunton

Beloved family and friends!!
  On Thursday I went on exchange with Elder Dyer. We had five
appointments lined up for the day we were on exchange in Taunton and
everyone of them fell through.. Wow! I was so frustrated to have that
happen, haha. The Lord is testing my patience in a  lot of ways and trying to humble me.
So after that we went finding and came across some great people that
we testified to about the Plan of Salvation. I felt the spirt very
strong with these people. None of them wanted to meet again but that's
okay cuz now they know(;
  Friday was the ward Christmas party. It was such a great success
because we had about 30 non members there!!!!! There was almost as
many non members as members at the party. We of coarse made our rounds
and talked to everyone and a lot of them are actually interested in
having missionary discussions. I will be following up more with them this
week.
  I think the biggest highlight of the week for me was being able to
travel to the London Temple Monday!  On Tuesday we all met for a session
after our a trizone conference. We rode the train for about four hours from
Taunton to London Paddington then to London Victoria then down to
Lingfeild where the temple is. It was crazy in the tubes and stuff but
I loved it. We got to the temple and met all the other missionaries.
We slept in the temple accommodations but I couldn't sleep because I was so
pumped for the Temple the next day. Woke up the next morning and went
on a jog around the Temple gates, which was sweet. Then we went through the
session all together. In the temple I had so many prayers and questions answered. I
was reading randomly in D&C 58: 1-6 about overcoming trials with faith
and that when we do so we will be blessed in heaven from obedience.
The London Temple is so beautiful and I loved every second of being in
the house of the Lord.
  I can testify that this is the true church Christ has brought back
upon the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I hope everyone upon
the earth can have a chance to learn and accept this great message of
happiness and love. Sometimes its tough getting rejected, yelled at,
or flogged but I know that when I turn to my Savior he is there to
comfort and protect me. I love Him and I KNOW He lives and loves us
all.
  I hope you can all feel His love too(:

-ELDER MCSPADDEN
                                      Love my new hat and T-shirt!!
 
        London temple visit, tri-zone conference!  President and Sister Gubler and their missionaries!




                                         Elder Tsai and I...
        Turning this guy into a Minnesota Vikings fan!  Love his family, the Tutton's, they plan to come visit me in Utah when I get back home.
Elder Dyer and I on exchange, skate park in Taunton.

No comments:

Post a Comment