Monday, December 11, 2017

Week #73 Bristol

   Bringing Bristol back!!!! Transfers have just happened and I'm going to the great land of Bristol! I moved to Taunton about a year ago this time and it's in the Bristol zone so I'm way excited to be back in the west. It's the Southmead Ward but most of our area is in Central Bristol! I'm serving with a bloke from Utah as well named Elder Bos! He went to Bingham High School and played rugby for them! He also did MMA haha so sweet. He's a good lad so I'm pumped to be here with him! 
    The week started with a lot of good times to end my stay in Croydon. We went to a Christmas music devotional that the stake put on and it was so cool! Had some non members and less actives there which was sweet as well. Another cool thing is we helped Bishop Read with a school Christmas fair that he put on for the school and  we talked to some good people while serving popcorn and candy floss! During that event is when I found out I was moving to Bristol.
    Throughout the last couple days I had to say good bye to some solid families and members in the ward that have really helped me out and made us missionaries feel loved! I have loved my time in Croydon and I will never forget the amazing families I met there. The Neiderbergers, Hawkins, Reads, Vennerholms, Silvas, Bro Carter, etc. Good people. It was so tough saying good bye to this ward and friends we have been teaching but the Lord has more work for me in Bristol! Clovis our investigator in Croydon should be baptized in about two weeks so I'm excited to ask Elder Dickey how that goes! Clovis is a beast and has been progressing really well!(: 
    Anyways, we had some Elders at the flat the night before moves. Elder Niuelua and Bell who are going home today slept over and then we drove them to the temple this morning! Said good bye to them as well! Niuelua was a fun comp and I hope he does well in New Zealand! Elder Bell should be coming by this week to visit the fam as well so watch out haha. Elder Dickey is staying in Croydon for Christmas so he's lucky but we had a blast these last three transfers with each other! He's a great missionary and it was fun to be with a great man like him! 
    First day in Bristol with Elder Bos was good! We drove a long way back from the temple and then got right into things! We stopped by some investigators named the Snailhims! Shauncandin is a 10 year old boy of the Snailhim family who was  baptized recently but the rest of the family hasn't so we are teaching his parents now! Family struggles with drug problems but they are coming to addiction recovery tonight so that should be good! We also stopped by the Lemi family from Samoa who are members! Bother David Lemi is a pro rugby player who plays for the Samoan National Team and also for Bristol! The first time I met their family they were so kind and treated me like family when I went into their home. Love that culture! His two younger sons recently got baptized so we will teach them the lessons again! We got a DA with the Lemi's on Monday and will teach Timo and Pala the two sons as well! About to have a proper Poly feast haha I'm pumped! 
    This week has been crazy but I'm ready for the change that's happening! Bristol is a good zone and area but it needs work so it will be good to see the growth it can make! Always need to rely on the Lord and not on my own strength these next couple transfers! He's the one who will help me(: 
   Hope you all are enjoying this Christmas season! It's the best time of the year! Go and #LightTheWorld 🎄🎄 


-ELDER MCSPADDEN 

Selsdon Youth
 The Bells
 The Silvas
 Jonas the Man
 The Reads
 Brother Carter, ward mission leader my Homie
 The Niederbergers
 The Hawkins
 The Vennerholms
 Good Byes!!
 Headed back to New Zealand!!

 Elder Dickey and I
 Bristol!!!

 Elder Bos and I


No comments:

Post a Comment