Wassssss uuuuuuppp mate. You alright? Classic way to address a homie in England.
This week was pretty crazy for us here in Portsmouth!! Mothers day was brilliant! I have the best mum anyone could ever ask for! She has put up with me for so long!! Love her lots! One thing I love about my mum is the way she cares for everyone! Always looking out for other people(: When I Skype my family I always feel so blessed to have a loving Father in heaven who sent me into a gospel centered home with great parents and siblings. Families bring happiness and the gospel blesses families!
Another crazy thing is my companion has changed! I was with Elder Hess but he got moved and now I'm training a new zone leader again for my last transfer. His name is Elder Pattilo from Roy, Utah. He came into the mission while I was back in Maidstone , he then followed me to Bristol and now we're comps here in Portsmouth haha. He's a good lad. Flippin crack up lad so I'm going to have a blast my last transfer! Time flies by but I'm so excited to work my absolute hardest this last transfer I have in England with Elder Pattilo(:
I had two really spiritual experiences this last week that I want to share. Both are simple but to me they were powerful.
First, we didn't have anyone committed to attend church this past Sunday because three people had backed out at the last second! So on my way to church I was pretty frustrated about it and a bit discouraged. All of the sudden I had a warm calm feeling come over me and a thought came into my mind and a question was asked, "Do you believe in miracles Elder McSpadden?" at that time I stopped and said a prayer to ask God to bring us a miracle by having someone at church we could teach! Then half way through sacrament a young family just walked up and was like, "yeah we moved in across the street and have been having problems and we want God more in our lives!" I was flipping shocked and very humbled, haha. I then thanked Heavenly Father for a simple miracle that day to keep my fire and passion burning for this work the next few weeks.
Second, is last night we were driving for ages bringing missionaries around for moves and Elder Pattilo and I were driving home when we got a call to give this man a blessing. We found out he's dying of cancer and could pass away at any second. Over the last three days it has spread through out his whole body! So we went to the hospital and gave him a blessing of healing! The spirit was so strong in that room with this man, us missionaries, his mum and cousin. After the blessing his mum went over and said Shaun you are going to be just fine after having this blessing, I know it. We said a prayer and left but the miracle of it all wasn't that of the blessing but the fact that I've been praying for any chance I can to use my priesthood to bless others this whole week! I've never seen those people in my life and they live in North London but for some reason he was put down here in Portsmouth and I was the one called to give him a blessing! It helped me in so many ways to continue to strive and always be ready to be a worthy vessel to bless God's children! Tender mercy for me!
Weeks fly by and I'm loving this place! Everyday I think about how I want to leave it all on the field for Him so when I see Him he will say well done my good and faithful servant!
Have a good week!
Much love
-Elder McSpadden
A visit to my old area in Oxford dropping off Elders so fun to go back! The Lads: Elder Madsen, Elder Dicky...
Elder Pattilo and I outside Sheila's house! My Oxford flat in my very first area!



No comments:
Post a Comment