May 3 at 1:15 PM
Just another week in paradise!! Haha I feel like no one reads my
emails except for my mum and dad so I hope I can make them more
exciting to read!! Being out on the mission for so long it feels at
times that things get really repetitive so I'll try and be better at not being
so repetitive!! This week actually seemed to fly by really quick which
was good! We got to go out to this island in the zone called the Isle
of White and go on exchange with the Elders out there! We took a ferry
with the car so that was pretty sweet. We had a good time with both
those elders who are from Taiwan and Hong Kong. I was with Elder Shih
from Taiwan and we had a good time! He taught me some mandarin as well
and I’m way keen to learn that after my mission! Sweet language. A
great thing about being here in England and especially this mission is
you meet people from all around the world!!
Laura is doing way good by the way! She passed her baptism interview
last night and is really excited and solid for her baptism on Friday.
This week we visited her a couple of times and she asked for a
priesthood blessing. After hearing President Nelson's talk about how we
should bless people I really tried to prepare the best I could to help Laura
on this journey through a priesthood blessing. I can honestly say that
angles are round about her and lifting her up after that evening!
Priesthood power is real and our Father in heaven will use us to bless
the lives of those around us if we are able and worthy to do so. She
texted me this morning saying “wow I can't believe I'm actually doing
this I’m so excited!!” I'm excited as well!!!!
Saturday, we passed a basketball court with some blokes playing so of
coarse I pulled over and jumped out to go ball with them!! We played for awhile and
by the end of a couple of games we had 3 solid new friends who want to
learn about the gospel! We've met with two already and they are keen to
meet again and then the rest we are going to play basketball with again
this Saturday and then teach them after! I love doing sport contacting
because people loosen up and forget the stigma that religion has now a
days. Makes it easier to bring up the gospel in a casual way after
gaining respect!
This week in my studies I've had a question's about why so many people
reject Jesus Christ and His true gospel today! I was reading the last
talk by Elder Uchtdorf "Behold the Man" which is such a good talk... he
talks about the story of Pilate putting forth Jesus Christ
before the people and saying behalf the man. The Son of God stood
before the people of Jerusalem and all they could say was crucify Him.
In the talk Elder Uchtdorf says that the people didn’t have eyes to
see or ears to hear Jesus. He then ties it into how we too are to
Behold the Man in todays world. So many people have different views on
Christ and who he is and what He did but we need to find out for
ourselves who He really is to us. “Those who find a way to truly
behold the Man find a doorway to life’s greatest joys and the balms to
life’s most demanding despairs”. So as I have gone about this week I
have found ways to behold the Man. 1st is to read the words of
Christ.. in 2 Nephi 33:10 it gives us a great answer to how we can truly
behold the Man. 2nd is through loving service to our brothers and
sisters here in this mortal existence. As I've strived for these two
things this week I've seen a change in how I see life. I feel I've been
more joyful and willing to submit to His will and have eyes to see and
ears to hear. I invite you all to try it out as well!
Have a brilliant week!!
-ELDER MCSPADDEN
No comments:
Post a Comment