Monday, April 30, 2018

Week #93 Portsmouth


Heyyyyyy whats up fam? It’s your Elder out in England!!! This was a
good week that seemed to fly by really fast but sometimes those days
seem long haha. All good tho because it's the best work I could be
doing!!!
The best experience of this week was when we went to a part member
families house with foster children and we got Laura on date for
baptism next week!!!!! She’s way solid so that’s sweet so I'm amped to
get to work with her a lot. We're seeing her tonight so I pray it will
go well!! Also we found like 11 new friends in these last two days so
that was way cool as well.
Something funny was we were doing weekly planning at a park and this
kid road by on his bike throwing some shade at us so I yelled back and
they turned around thinking I wanted to fight haha. Two 11 year
olds trying to come fight us but then when they realized we we're super nice 
they changed and started talking with us! They were from London with a pretty hard
upbringing it was fun talking to them. One of them goes “yeah fam
I'm from London in it. I don’t like sport but I rap.. so you wanna hear
bruv?” So of coarse I'm like yeah bro spit some rhymes for me haha. So
this 11 year old kid started rapping... I was laughing pretty hard and
it brightened my day for sure!! I took a vid so I'll try to send it!!
We then saw him and his family on the street the next day and he came
over to give knocks and ran off. His parents were so confused of how he
knew us haha good stuff!
I was at a district meeting the other day and we did a Christ like
attribute activity where we graded ourselves on Christ like attributes
and then figured out what we could do better at!! I did it and I've been
trying to work on some things and I have seen a big difference in my
attitude and spirit!! President Nelson talks about how we can have the
Holy Ghost with us more and receive personal revelation so it must be
something we as a church need to improve on!! It’s been a good help to
find what I need to be better with and then act on it!! Many blessings
have come from it.
Portsmouth is really good and things are going well!! We are finding
loads of people and just really trying to get them to church!! We have
solid members as well so its great to have them help us with people we
teach!! The stake patriarch is in our ward as well and talking with
him was way cool!! We talked about the tribe of Levi for ages and how
it all works with that lineage. I love learning more about the
scriptures!!
Anyways good week! Love this work and I Love the Lord(:


-ELDER MCSPADDEN


Ocean Studies
Love it when the sun comes out!!

Elder Lawson and I 

 Portsmouth Elders

 Disciples of Christ, another sunny day!
 Ocean


No comments:

Post a Comment