Friday, July 21, 2017

Week # 53 Croydon

Wasssssss uuuuuuuppppp everyone! Elder McSpadden here from the blessed land of England. Croydon is treating us really well right now and I'm enjoying it all so much!
   Beginning of the week we found this guy named Max who has met with the missionaries before but was keen on meeting up again. Met up with him and he said he wants peace and joy in his life because a lot of his loved ones have passed away recently in his life. We talked with him about the promised blessings through reading the Book of Mormon and he's reading it now! He's a film producer so he's been in central London a lot but this week but we are meeting up again! Miracle for us because we were sincerely praying for someone we could help through the Book of Mormon.
   We also taught Luisa this week with her son and his girlfriend, Aderio and Mila. She is on date for August 26th because she's leaving to Portugal for a couple weeks but she's going to go to church there and she's meeting up with some members in our ward who will be there at the some time! Tender mercy from the Lord that these members can help fellowship her even when on holiday! We are teaching them again tonight and are extending a baptismal date to Aderio and Mila since we haven't taught them tons so pray that it goes well(: 
    We had our Penta Conference this week as well with President Gubler which was a spiritual blast!!! He was on fire again like he always is. Showing that urgency is needed for the work! He talked a lot about finding out who we are.. and when we do that we can help others come to Christ more effectively. We are part of the noble and great ones who chose Christ in the beginning. Sons and daughters of the Great Almighty! With Him anything is possible and we have already won the war. Good to hear that and give me a boost to keep going forward! 
    Went on exchange with Elder Green from Brisbane, Australia which was way fun! Good solid missionary, he goes home in two weeks so I learned a lot from him. We found tons of potentials as well. One cool thing is we saw some blokes playing b ball at the park so we went over and I asked if I could play. I was chosen dead last and they were mad I was on their team, haha. But we balled up and wrecked the other guys! Everyone was so shocked that these dudes in white shirts and ties could play ball. Pretty funny but a cool thing is they invited us back next week so I said if we beat them again they have to listen to a spiritual message after! Pumped to go back! 
    Went on another exchange with Elder Gilbert from New Zealand who is also going home in two weeks and I learned more from him as well! We did some good service for a member who is moving into a new house and the plaster guy was there. After we had talked to him for awhile we bore testimony of the Book of Mormon and he accepted it which was sweet! Planted a seed!
    Robinah came to church again and loved it like always! There was a couple concerns about her husband not wanting her to be baptized but we are working with that. She's progressing so well and has had her prayers answered by God that she needs to be baptized. Just need to do everything we can to help move along her conversion and then God will do the rest! Keep her in your prayers(: 
    Good week in Croydon like every week! Haha I love this area so much! Good people, Ward, companion, and leaders! My faith is being strengthened every day as I read the Book of Mormon and search for questions of the soul! I know this book is true and if you read it a miraculous change for good will happen with in you!

Love you all and have a solid week!!

Elder McSpadden

Who said you can't play ball in a shirt and tie? I was picked last!!  So fun!



 Elder Bell and I
 Elder Fairfield headed home to Texas next week!  Good Mate!
 Exchange with Elder Gilbert from New Zealand
 FHE we did with a couple of families and they fed us pizza! 
 Elder Wright is headed home so we took a good bye pic with the Lads! 
 We taught some young men in the ward to do contacting! They got us a potential! These kids were pumped outta their minds, future missionaries for sure!
 Playing sport on P-day with the Lads!
 Race this guy like every other day! He can't keep up with the Hyudai ix20!  Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment