Hey everybody it's ya Lad Elder McSpadden,
This week was prettysweet and it flew by prettty fast! Weeks go fast
but sometimes days are long but they always end really well. I feel
so blessed to be here in this land and to serve my fellow brothers
and sisters with Christ's name on my chest. Not everyone gets to
have these kind of experiences and I'm very grateful I'm having them!!
We had the coolest experience the other day that I wanted to
share... so this week we've found so many people but we keep getting
flogged or people just want to meet to learn who we are and then drop
us way fast. After awhile it gets to you and I was getting proper
frustrated with it all. So we went out to hit the streets again and
every single person for two straight hours was either not keen or
being offensive. I'm usually pretty chill with it but when its person
after person it gets old... soooo I figure I was being humbled by the Lord. We
went home and I knelt on my knees just pleading to find at least one
person that would care to listen to what we have to say. Not thinking
a lot about it after that we were coming back from a dinner
appointment and a bloke was riding his bike on the side of our car. My
sweet companion Elder Patillo was like Elder give him a card, at that exact
moment I was thinking the same thing so I rolled down the window and gave it to him
while at the stop light. We chatted for awhile and I found out his
name is Geoffrey from Zimbabwe and he is looking for a church to attend!
I was like no flippin way... God is a God of miracles. Well then the
light turned green so he started to yell his phone number to us while we
were driving because there was angry drivers behind us. Well I wrote
down the wrong number so he's peddling his bike as fast as he can
trying to get us his number haha. We then found a place to pull over
and talk. Geoffrey was like you guys are crazy! We talked a little
longer and he is going to play some b ball with us this week and come
to church with us on Sunday! He's so prepared so I'm hyped to teach
him. This taught me a couple of lessons... one is that God answers
prayers if we ask with a sincere heart, real intent and faith in
Christ. And second, endurance in hard times is key it will always be
for our good if we endure well.
In my studies this week I have loved the story of Nephi at the
beginning of the Book of Mormon. He is a great example of some one who
endured well all of his trials. His brothers tried killing him
multiple times and everyone hated him at one point but he always
sought the Lords guidance and didn’t rely on his own. Great example
for all of us to look to.
-ELDER MCSPADDEN
A bloke who fell down in front of our car because he was so drunk! We called the ambulance and then had to direct traffic for 30 minutes, haha! He's ok now!
Birth place of Charles Dickens
Hammocking
Elder Patillo and I
Ocean





No comments:
Post a Comment