Friday, November 4, 2016

Week #17 Taunton

Update! 

Good week we have had down in Taunton!!
    Thursday we had some missionary training in Bristol, which was really good and uplifting! Elder Wright is one of the zone leaders, we kind of knew each other back home from 7on7 football tournaments we've played against each other in.  Anyways...he asked me to speak on how one of the Book of Mormon stories has increased my faith! There are many but I chose the one I've been studying most recently. The story of when Alma and Amulek preach to Zeezrom, they taught with such power, faith, and boldness! Zeezrom begins to realize the sins he has committed and wants to do better. The story goes on to explain that more people join in to persecute these missionaries and eventually they bind them up. But again through their faith in God they were delivered out of bondage. They then healed Zeezrom according to his faith in Christ and he leaped onto his feet and decided to follow Jesus Christ and his teachings! This scriptural story has increased my faith a lot recently because it makes me think and look at how I am teaching as a missionary?  Do I have that type of faith to teach people repentance with power, faith, and boldness in Christ? Are they willing to change and repent to better their lives and find true joy in the plan of salvation because of the spirit, faith and knowledge I share with them? Becoming a true disciple of our Savior Jesus Christ is something I strive to work towards everyday, finding that faith to teach or "cry repentance" to the people of England so they will want to change and become more Christlike and recognize the love He has for each one of us. 
     We went out to this small town in our area called Wivloscombe (Wivey) it's about an hour bus ride and it's in the middle of nowhere. We have some investigators out there so we decided to head out and try to contact them because it's been hard to stay in touch. One of them was home and his name is Gordan. Gordan is an absolute stud! He's about 7 feet tall, 60 years old, played rugby and basketball when he was younger. He's not a skinny guy either. ( I asked him if he could still dunk and he told me he would dunk all over me! haha)  He invited us in and we taught him more about the gospel of Jesus Christ and how we can all return to God again. We extended a baptismal date to him on the 26th of November and he wasn't sure about it at first but then he was determined to learn more and prepare himself for baptism!! 
     I'm loving this area of Taunton!! I keep finding reasons I am here all the time! One of them is I have ancestors from here! My grandma told me that her great grandfather was from Taunton Somerset!! Sooo crazy! I know the Lord has put me here for a reason and I need to cherish these moments I have here in England!
Love you all and have a good week!!
-Elder McSpadden




No comments:

Post a Comment