Thursday, November 10, 2016

Week # 18 Taunton

November 9, 2016

Update! 
This week has been pretty good!
    Many ups and downs but I'm still pressing forward with a smile on my face(: We had two teaches this week one with a less active man named David and the other with a potential investigator named Trixie we met on the street! This David guy has been through a lot... he was baptized two years ago and when the sister missionaries found him he was on the bus ready to jump in front of a train because the trials he felt he couldn't bear anymore. He kept on telling me how those sisters were angles sent from the heavens to save him that day. Since then he has gotten lung disease, bone disease, heart disease, cancer, etc. The man has been through a lot and it just makes it hard for him to get to church and follow the word of Wisdom when it's the only thing he thinks that can make him feel "better". We taught him a lesson about bearing burdens with hope and after the lesson I had the chance to give him a Priesthood blessing. It was a very great spiritual experience for myself when giving the blessing to this man. I had no idea what to say but the spirit filled my mouth when I opened it. After he said thank you and that it was just what he needed to keep moving a little bit further forward in life. 
    As for the lesson with Trixie we just taught her on the street about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration of the Gospel! Hopefully this week we can keep on teaching her as well. Last week I talked about Gordan who has a baptismal date for the 26th. Turns out that's stake conference so we are moving it to the 2nd of December which is still great(: he's doing great and still reading the Book of Mormon and praying as well! I love this gospel and I love the way it brings light into the eyes of everyone who takes part!! 
    Met a guy named Charlie last night in the city centre which was sweeet!!! He's way interested in our message as well so hopefully we can teach him this week. 
     We also had exchange with the Elders up in Mine-Head so Elder Tsai and I went out there to do some work. Elder Dyer (from Cali) the District Leader is a stud and we get along way good. We followed each other on Instagram before the mission so he always says how we are long lost mission bothers. He's a surfer so everything he does is laid back until we find and the kid goes crazy with talking to people it's great! It was much needed to go up there and do work around and with other missionaries! Saw some miracles with finding new investigators for them, as well!     
    Other than that we have been hitting the streets and knocking down the doors like it's nothing, haha. I had a guy get into my face screaming at me telling me there was no God. I just smiled and testified of our Heavenly Father and how He loves this man. After I did that he just stopped immediately, said sorry and walked away. Kinda crazy how the spirit can work in the hearts of people. 
    Some days it gets rough and I get frustrated cuz I'm the only one who talks but then I think why should I complain? This is the greatest thing I could be doing and others could be hearing about!! That helps me to keep on moving forward. Brother Ben Story in my ward back home in Lindon wrote me a letter this week and shared this scripture with me. Alma 26:27. "As we think of turning back just hold onto Christ and he will bring much success". I really needed to here those words and remember to look to Jesus Christ, others, and then yourself to find J.O.Y in the work!  I love this gospel with all my heart and there is no way I could deny the truth of it! The people of England are sooooooo cool and I hope they all can accept this great message.
Love you all and have a great week!! 
     


-ELDER MCSPADDEN 
                                                          District Meeting
War Cemetary
                                                                     City Center


Minehead and across the water is Whales!


No comments:

Post a Comment