November 16, 2016
Week update.
Week update.
This week has been full of so many miracles its nuts..
The
first one happened Friday night as Elder Tsai and I were pleading with
our Father in Heaven through prayer to help us find someone to teach as
we went out to do some finding for the night. In the middle of the
prayer we got a text so we finished the prayer and as I stood up I
jokingly said wouldn't it be dope if it was a referral? It was a
referral! Then I said I wonder if he wants to be baptized. This is what
the referral from the church headquarters said " He wants to be
baptized. He said its urgent because he wants to be saved before he
dies." I started flippin out and immediately called this guy. 20 minutes
later we met up with him and talked about the things that need to
happen for him to be baptized. He has been taught all the lessons and
now just needs to make changes and overcome a few trials to make that next
step!!! He wasn't able to come to church so we are still trying to stay in
touch and help him be baptized!! Miracle.. pray for Edd(:
The
next one is also about a referral from a Bishop/ Professor at BYU named
Spencer James. Maybe some of you know him but he referred us to this
family named the Bensons out in a small town in our area. We set up a
time to meet and when we went over it was crazy haha. It was at first
the mother daughter and some random neighbor dude. Then the father and
three sons. Then a lady from Germany and then another neighbor walked
in. This happened all during the time we were teaching about the
Restoration. They were so fascinated about Mormons and just kept on
asking question after question it was great!! They are a very religious
family so the conversation was great when we were talking about how God
is a loving Heavenly Father and he loves all his children. Spirit was
defiantly there. Hopefully we can have another great lesson this next
week! (From this we got 8 new investigators.. SWEET)
We
then found a lady in the same town (Wivilescombe) who was a member
awhile ago and wanted to come back! We got the Bishop involved and found
out her membership status to figure out what really happened to it.
She has been struggling lately so this Bishop and I gave her a
priesthood blessing. The spirit was so strong in the room she started
crying and said for 20 years she has been waiting to feel the spirit
again and she was finally able to. It was an amazing experience. Her
husband is a non member so we now get to teach him as well!
(Christine and Bill)
This
week has been very rewarding for us in Taunton and one of the reasons I
think is because of this... our Mission President went to a
training in Budapest and came back with this quote that has stuck with
me all week and I hope sticks all my mission. " JUST ONE MORE! " I have
really focused on this. Just one more door just one more person we stop
on the street just one more everything. As I have put my faith and trust
in the Lord and done JUST ONE MORE the miracles have come. I love this
this Gospel and I know that when we call upon the powers of heaven to
help us we will receive blessings. Have a good week and remember your
Heavenly Father loves you(:
Ps. I ate pigs head with a random family from Portugal this week. Haha it was so good!
No comments:
Post a Comment