This week was going pretty slow for us for some reason but then it ended really well!! We had a ward "gamers" night on Friday and we invited Dan, one of our friends and he loved it! He seemed to get along with everyone and he said he had a blast. He also brought a friend, who is from Vietnam, and he played a bit of table tennis with some of the members in the ward. He killed everyone, haha! He's starting to ask a few questions as well so hopefully we will be able to start teaching him too.
I would have to say the highlight of the week was Friday to Saturday when as a zone we decided to fast together. We started the fast off with an amazing prayer and then followed up with words from President Gubler to get us pumped for the miracles that we knew would come from our fasting and prayers. The next day we went and stopped by an investigator's house named Mathew that I haven't seen in a little while just to see if he was in. He's in his mid 30's, really quiet and keeps to himself. He ended up being home so he invited us in and we were able to teach him another lesson. The last lesson I taught him was about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith which he then said he had studied and had gained a testimony of! He said he knew the things I had taught him were true because he had prayed and found out for himself! He wanted to know more so we proceeded to teach him about the role of the Holy Ghost in our lives and about the doctrine of Christ, including the importance of baptism! We then extended a baptismal date for him to be baptized on March 31st, which was way cool! The spirit was so intense and the energy in the room was so high it was the best feeling! He then said that if he found out for himself that the things we had taught him were true he would definitely be baptized. It was such a miracle for my companion and I to witness the blessings we can all receive through fasting and prayer. I know the Lord recognizes our sacrifices and continues to bless us every day(:
On Sunday, I had a really neat opportunity to confer the Aaronic Priesthood on a young man that we reactivated back into the church awhile back. I then had the opportunity to ordain him to the office of a Priest! His name is Kurtis and it's been so amazing to see how much he has grown and changed from the time I first met him! He comes to church every Sunday and has to catch a taxi that takes him 30 minutes to get to the church house. He's at every young men's activity and service project! He lives with a caretaker because his family is rubbish... Such a good kid though, he's wanting to eventually serve a mission himself so he's eager to learn all he can.
I went on exchange with an Elder in the district named Elder Persicke from Germany! He's a beast and I look up to him a lot. We went to so many cool places in their area to find and knock and when we were doing that I looked up and I thought I saw snow on this hill in the distance... we decided to go up there to see if it was really snow. Sure enough, it was flippin snow!!! I thought I was never going to see it again until I came home but I did. We threw a couple snow balls then knocked on the door who's property we were on but no success. Still fun to see some snow(; definitely put a smile on my face!!
In my studies this week I was reading at the end of Alma and I came across the scripture Alma 53:20 where it talks about the 2000 Stripling Warriors. I love that scripture, one reason is it was our scripture for football my senior year and I felt like it gave us a purpose and we all drew so much strength from it! But I now see it a little differently through a missionary's perspective... The Lord blesses his warriors or missionaries when they are valiant and faithful in Him (and when they listen to there mums). This gives me so much strength to know that through faith anything is possible... I know that to be true!
-ELDER MCSPADDEN
Dan the Man! Funny investigator that we love to go see! Great guy!
The Dadswell family is one of the best families in Taunton! It's always fun having dinner with them!This is Kurtis, I found him in the beginning of my transfer in Taunton and reactivated him! He asked me to confer the Aaronic Priesthood on him and ordain him to the office of a Priest. It was so cool!
Elder Cox and I just finished making some chocolate peanut butter galaxy caramel brownies with the mix Aunt Trish sent me! It was so good!!!
Snow...
I couldn't resist I had to make a snowman and throw a few snowballs at Elder Persicke from Germany! What a good Elder...
Lunch!!







No comments:
Post a Comment