This week was a pretty sick week... we witnessed a lot of miracles and did some cool things. First off on Thursday we went out to this town in the area called Wellington to stop by some formers and potentials. The sun was shining and sooo warm while we were there which was awesome! We saw tons of people climbing a hill over in the distance to a look out tower about 3 miles up so Elder Cox and I decided to hike up and do some contacting up there. We just climbed this hill and talked to people on the way up. It was a fun, good, and a beautiful way to do some finding. We got up to the top and it was so cool. I guess it is a monument made for the veterans who fought in war. It was built in 1817 and we also found a BANKSY graffiti of the queen on one of the doors.
Friday we trained up to Bristol for interviews and training with President. I always love interviews with President Gubler. I know without a doubt he is a man called of God to guide and direct this mission. In the training we talked a lot about how to teach the role of the Holy Ghost in the first lesson so that the people we teach can know the feelings they are feeling right when we are teaching them. We also talked about how to extend a baptismal calendar effectively. Pretty solid meeting filled with love and direction from the Savior. We came home and then that night we went and did some b ball contacting with a another member in the ward that I'm mates with Kerian Clarkson. We played these local lads and some of them are from the Philippines. The whole time they kept coming up and touching my badge and saying how they love the Mormons. Started to get some potentials so that was great! A couple of them knew Skyler Munson that served in this district awhile back.
Saturday is usually a busy day down in the town center of Taunton so we went and did some banner contacting. We bring this big banner down into town with a picture of Christ on it and we go around spreading the word! I love doing this because sometimes people just hate us but then you give them a complement and they are so caught off guard... haha bless the cranky English people I love them!! We were able to get the district to come down as well so that was fun to have everyone together. We found so many people prepared in that hour and a half. One of them is named Brian. He has been through a lot in his life and wants to find peace so we told him our message is exactly what he needs in his life. We went back on Tuesday for the return apt. and taught him the role of the Holy Ghost and extended a baptismal calendar and date to him. Brian is on date for April 21st. Pretty pumped to get to work with this guy! (had some KFC that night with Johnny and Brendan Forrest. Love those lads)
Love Sundays so much and especially on the mission. It refuels me so much to get ready for the next week of work. This one was really special for some reason, I just felt the love from my Savior and it made me realize once again how great it is to be here on a mission. We also had a DA that night with the legend Dadswell family. I can never stop laughing when I'm with them!! Haha we will be friends for life.
Monday during accounting with the ZLS was good because they challenged us to find 2 investigators get a baptismal date and get someone to church. I felt that we could do that for sure this week. That day we found 4 new investigators and got a baptismal date!! And Brian said he would come to church! Anything can happen through faith(:
Tuesday (last night) we had a study group with some members and we invited a former investigator named Emily. She was taught by Sisters awhile back and said she wanted to come to the study group again. So Elder cox and I whipped one up so she could come because we never did it haha but she wanted it so it happened. We taught the Doctrine of Christ and studied 2 Nephi 31. She was involved and had her Book of Mormon with her and everything. The whole time I was thinking how she is so prepared and how she needs to be baptized now!! After we talked with her, she said she wanted to meet again Saturday to learn more in detail but also wants to come to the study group again next week! The Lord is preparing people left and right here in Taunton it's brilliant!!
I was reading in 3 Nephi 20 the other day and I came across verse 41 and I loved it. In that scripture is says "be ye clean that bear the vessels of the Lord" I love that so much because we all need to strive to be clean and use the Atonement to repent daily. Repenting daily is key to the gospel of Jesus Christ because no unclean thing can dwell in the presence of the Lord. I know that the Atonement is real and that when we use it properly we can see a miraculous change within ourselves! I know I have(: love you all and keep smiling for you are blessed with so much!!
Much love from Taunton England,
Elder McSpadden
Crazy pathway in Wellington!
We could see the hill and the Monument from a distance!
A little closer...
We made it! Welly Monument and Bansky Graffiti!
Cheddar Gorge and Caves, P-Day!!
Christine Rickets (: Lovely Lady!! She always calls me "Love" Bless her, haha!





No comments:
Post a Comment