Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Week # 37 Taunton




Really up and down week for us here in Taunton but still keeping the faith and staying strong, haha!

Thursday, I was on exchange with one of the Elders in the district Elder Stein from Germany, he's a beast missionary. We went to a bible study class in town which was pretty sweet. The topic was on Esther and the Purim. I have never learned so much about Esther in my life than I did that night! It was cool because the guy leading the discussion asked us visitors to share our thoughts on the topic. So we talked about fasting and sacrifice and how it brings forth blessings in our lives. It was so great to bear testimony of the truth to a lot of people all at once! 
Friday, we finished up the exchange and then Elder Cox and I trained to Poole for our quad conference the next day. The train took about 4 1/2 hours to get there... I was so exhausted when we finally got to the other Elders flat but it was worth it because the conference was amazing!!
Saturday, we had the conference and we talked about the doctrine of Christ focusing on baptism and the Holy Ghost which I loved. I have come to love the doctrine of Christ and the importance it has in everything! President Gubler was bearing such a powerful testimony of what he was teaching us about and I could feel the power and truth in his testimony. It really got me pumped to go out and teach people the doctrine of Christ and how it can change their lives forever!!(: it was also pretty cool to see Elder Veenker and Elder Hillstrom ,my homies from PG, also Elder Wright and Elder Cloward! Utah boys😏 I'm grateful for the good friendships I have made out here on the mission! 
Sunday, was a very powerful sacrament meeting that I felt I needed. Bishop talked about the power of prayer and also about what we would do if Christ came to have a personal interview with us this week. It kinda makes you think about your decisions and what you want to be doing and how you can become better. Loved it! We went to the Dadswells for a DA again and it was sweet I love that family so much!! 
Monday, we trained out too Chippenham to have exchanges with the Zone leaders. We saw tons of miracles with finding new people to teach! That night tho I got way sick and I think I'm coming down with the flu... pray that I get better! 
Tuesday, we came home and I thought I was gunna die I was so sick  but we felt prompted to have this teach with one of our friends. The teach went really well and we got Emily our investigator on date for baptism but she texted us this morning saying she doesn't want to... weird how things happen sometimes because I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life than I did in that teach with her. I think her dad has a big influence on her and scared her away. Pretty sad but life goes on and we need to find others who will accept this great message(:  But hey free agency is from God! Keep praying for Emily...
Right now we are driving with a member who is taking us out to an all you can eat buffet which is pretty cool. I'm pumped to go pound some food after not eating for awhile. Lol, up and down week but I'm ready for this next one! It's going to be good(: 
    I know that through the power of prayer and with faith anything can happen! I have gained that pure testimony of the gospel these past few months of being on my mission. I love my Savior and I know He lives and loves all of us! So pumped for Easter😊 

Much love, 

Elder McSpadden
                                                                 Glastonbury Church




Bristol




No comments:

Post a Comment