Monday, April 10, 2017

Week # 38 Taunton

March 29, 2017
Hey!
We started the week off pretty slow because I was so sick all day and in bed on Thursday but it got a lot better by the end of the week! 
Friday we had a solid district meeting and felt the spirit way strong, which I always love. We talked a lot about teaching to the needs of the people we meet. We discussed the best way to find their specific needs is by asking them inspired questions directed by the spirit. I have always felt that is something that has really helped us here in Taunton. We've really had a lot of opportunities to find people who are interested and then we've tried to answer their questions or meet their needs with something they're struggling with in their lives! The spirit has blessed us to know how to ask and help others.
   Saturday the sun was shinning bright here in Taunton and it made me so flippin happy! We did some good finding but also helped out Brendan a member in the ward that we love. We helped him paint his fence because he was having a hard time doing it do to his health. Felt nice to serve someone in need! His son Johnny got us some battenburg cakes after which I was stoked about. 
   Sunday was British Mother's Day and the meeting was pretty good! Thought about my mum and how great she is but also all the other wonderful woman who have had an impact in my life(: We made some cookies for the Dadswell family for Mother's Day and they loved it! Good family in Taunton. 
   Monday I went on exchange with Elder Dickey my South African brotha in Weston Supermare! He's a beast missionary and we had a flippin blast doing good work! I also got a call from President Gubler and I'll be moving to Croydon in the Maidstone stake to be one of the Zone Leaders next week. It will be a crazy change but I feel blessed and excited to go out there! Croydon is about 9 miles south of London.
   Tuesday we found two new investigators after exchange which was pretty cool. Hopefully we can start teaching them more this week! We are also working with our baptismal date Brian and helping him come unto Christ so please pray for him(: 
   Its been a pretty good week and this next one will be good as well! I'm so excited for new things to happen and find ways to help others! I love this work and I know with out of doubt that it's true! If your wavering kneel down and pray with a sincere heart and I promise that you will receive an answer!! 

   Much love from Taunton!! 



-ELDER MCSPADDEN 

                                     Elder Cox and I at the temple saying good bye!
 Good byes to the Dadswell family! I will miss Taunton for sure...


No comments:

Post a Comment