April 19, 2017
Easter week was sooooooo good!! We did Banner Contacting with the new "Prince of Peace" banners on the high street in Croydon with the district. It was crazy with so many people going back and forth but we definitely were able to spread the word of God to the people here in England. We found a couple new investigators from it and one of them is named Frank, teaching him tomorrow so pray that it goes well!
Easter Sunday was filled with the spirit of Christ which was amazing!! I love being in a big ward because you see knew faces about every single Sunday. We're always meeting new members and they love to bring their non member friends for us to talk to! After church we had dinner with Bishop Reads family. They're from South Africa and every time I talk to them I can't stop laughing because they're always cracking jokes. Love South Africans!! They also taught us some Afrikaans.. that's Kif means (thats sick) good stuff.
That night we went to the chapel to sync up the area book when two chaps come to the front door of the church house and said they wanted to talk to a priest. So we said we could help them out! One was 18 and the other was 16 and they just started asking so many questions about the Bible and life in general. We said we had all the answers and that they should meet with us the next day. Their names are Rubin and Josh from Italy... the next day roles around and Josh and Rubin are at the chapel and ready to be taught. We had a great lesson with both of them and they said they would pray about being baptized on May 20!! So everyone pray for these two mates! They're so sweeet! Meeting with them tomorrow again as well.
Yesterday we had a Penta -Conference with five zones.. it was nuts with all the missionaries but I loved it. Sister Gubler gave a wonderful talk on faith and how our faith is up to us and what we do with it, that really stood out to me. Then Pres. Gubler talked about repentance and how it is essential to Gods plan and without it nothing would work. He challenged us all to repent daily so we can be spotless before our Father in Heaven at the last day(: loved that spiritual boost. We then role played for a long time on how to teach a first lesson. Finding the need, bear testimony with personal experience, brief overview of the Doctrine of Christ, which leads to the Restoration or whatever the next principle is, and then following up with Doctrine of Christ with a baptismal date. I love it because it's really bold but if we follow up with our sincerity and love it will work!! Love President Gubler and his inspiration for our mission.
Today Elder Niuelua and I played pickle ball with a senior couple and I think it was one of the funniest and best p-days I've had in awhile, haha. We got into it so hard even though we got wrecked by the senior couple. But when I played Niuelua I beat him so you may want to let him know that he needs to step up his game for next time! Haha.
I hope you all know I'm doing so good out here in England, I'm loving every second of it! My testimony of the Savior is growing every day with small miracles I've witnessed and the spirit testifying to me on a daily basis of the truthfulness of this gospel. I've really found out for myself that the reason I'm serving a mission is because I love my Savior and I love to serve Him. I know He lives and through Him anything is possible!! If you ever have a doubt kneel down in prayer and I promise you will get an answer(: have a great week. Love ya all!
Elder McSpadden
I found the best burger place in Croydon and the owner is a Vikings fan, see the hat hanging from the copper piping. I was bummed the owner wasn't there so I guess I'll have to come back! (:
Elder Bell, Elder Nuielua and I, not sure who the Elder is in the back...Elder Bell and I
Elder Fairwell and I, he's a good homie in the Zone from Texas!
Ferrari parked outside our flat.
Croydon graffiti, it's everywhere!
Banner contacting on the high streets in Croydon!
No comments:
Post a Comment