Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Week #42 Croydon

April 26, 2017
Hey!
    At the beginning of the week I went on exchange with one of the assistants Elder Biddle from Australia. We did some service for one of their investigators by painting a fence for them in the back garden. It was great to be able to serve a family in need. The family said they have been reading the Book of Mormon more which made us happy. It goes to show that when you serve people it can go a long way!! Elder Biddle is a good missionary and I've looked up to him since he was my Zone Leader in Oxford. 
   On Sunday, we had one of our investigators show up to church who has not been coming for sometime. She's been taught by missionaries in the past but then quit coming and has now decided she wants to come back again. Her name is Marion and she has a friend that is a member which make things a lot easier. We have another appointment with her this week which we will be extending a baptismal date to her so pray that it all goes well! I had the opportunity to give a talk in Sacrament meeting on missionary work and I loved it! It's the first time I really loved speaking!!!!
   Monday, we had to drop the car off to be serviced so we didn't have it all day. I think it was a blessing because we were able to spend more time on the streets talking to so many great people. It took us about an hour and half to walk to the chapel where we we're headed to complete our accounting! Hopefully we can find the needs of some of the people we met and arrange better appointments with them this week. 
    I had another exchange with Elder Tuft in the district from Logan, Utah. He's a beast as well and we had some good things happen here! We met this man named Martin who had so many questions about life and why we are here! It was great to talk with him and hopefully we'll have the opportunity to continue to teach this man again! We also went around to some members houses to get times where we can come back and do service for them or have teaches in their home. It was a blessing because we found a sister that really needs some help in her garden, we are planning to come back next week and help her(: 
    Today for p-day we had a zone activity we put on in Orpington and we played chair football, soccer and volleyball which was sick! Didn't get any pics tho...  I'm loving the mission right now! I've just been really really busy lately which I love but it can be stressful at times trying to get everything done. My companion and I get along so well and he loves to work hard!  I'm truly so happy and feel the joy in the work!
    We are still trying to find those who are prepared which takes some time but as we continue to have faith and keep going the Lord continues to bless us! I can see the hand of the Lord in this work everyday and I know he loves all of us I just need to continue to look for it! I love England and all the people here and I love sharing this great message with them!(:        love you all and have a good week!! 


-ELDER MCSPADDEN

Brother Pratt and I
(He was the Bishop in the Wandsworth ward when my dad was here serving his mission, he said my name sounded familiar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment