Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Week #43 Croydon

Hello everybody it's ya boy Elder McSpadden out here in Croydon England!!! 

   This week has been pretty busy with exchanges and meetings but very successful! I just got back from Maidstone for p-day, we played some games again with a bunch of the elders from our zone.
   Thursday, I went on exchange with one of my homies from the MTC Elder Still from Canada! It was an absolute blast filled with some pretty sick things! We did some co tracking and met cool people which led to one guy inviting us to play him and some other guys in a game of basketball the next day. Elder Still and I thought it was a great chance to teach them the gospel so we went and played. We beat them every game but then they didn't want to listen to our message, which stinks! So then I made a deal with them if we came back next week and beat them every game again they had to listen to our message! They all said yes, so I'm pumped to teach these mates next week(; 
   When we were planning for the exchange Elder Niuelua and I felt prompted to call a single member sister and ask if there was anything we could do to help her. She was so happy we offered so that day we went and helped her out in her garden! It felt good to help someone who was in need! 
   Our investigator Marion came to church again on Sunday, which was great! She participates in the classes as well so that was good to see! We're going to keep on talking about baptism with her this week so pray all goes well! We have a friend on date from Ghana but he's really bashful and he was softened by the spirit when we first met him but when we go back he goes back to normal so it's hard.  I'm learning a couple words in the click African language, it's crazy fun! So many Africans in Croydon, it's sweet I love it! They're such humble people and close to the spirit.
   Tuesday, we went to Staines to sleep over for MLC (Mission Leadership Conference) the next morning and so many elders were in that flat... I think there was 14 of us total, it was fun tho! Got to see some of the mates I haven't seen in awhile and met so many more(:  I think I'm getting sick again but other than that I'm doing really well, I feel so happy and I'm loving my mission. Always so busy! We met a Pro- Rugby player from Samoa while we were in Staines and my companion was going crazy. We didn't get a pic tho... I'm trying to be good at stewardship as a zone leader and still find and teach people which is hard at times but good. MLC was solid, it was my first time attending! Main topic was how we can bring all the friends we have to baptism. We have tons of investigators but now we need to bring them to the end! It was very spiritual and stirred a desire in me to work even harder and find those who are prepared!! It was a long meeting but it was sick!
   Overall good week! Have more meetings this week but excited to find more people as well! Doing great, right now I'm just trying to be a little better each day. I really love this work!! 
Have a good week every one! 
Much love, 
-ELDER MCSPADDEN

A district meeting in Maidstone district!
 Exchange with Welling Elders. Good to be with my boy Elder Still on exchange. (Green tie)

 The comp and I mobbin...
 Getting a car wash for the Meriva
 Preparing for our MLC presentation
 Elder Bell and I
 Tunnicliff, Bell, Niuelua and I before MLC. We stayed over in Staines.
 Chrimes, Cloward and Tunnicliff
 Maidstone leadership... Sister Bradshaw and Sister Honeycutt are the STLS we work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment