Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Week #45 Croydon

Hey Family and Friends!
   Great week for us here in Croydon! I'm loving this place more and more every day and I'm so grateful I'm able to serve the people here in Croydon, England! 
    On Wednesday, after our p-day, we stopped by a referral named Kamini who requested a Book of Mormon for herself and her son (Tak). We stopped by and were able to talk about the Book of Mormon for a little while. Her older son really liked what we were sharing and wants to learn more! They're both hard core Catholic but because we offered service and were kind they said that they felt there was something different about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! We are meeting with her again tomorrow(: 
    We went to Orpington's district meeting in the morning and had a great meeting filled with the spirt. After, we went to our friend Simons house and scheduled another return appointment. Since the last one didn't work out we will be seeing him again this week as well. He's such a busy man it's hard to get ahold of him sometimes. That night we had a DA with a member in the ward and his nonmember friend who comes to church sometimes named Colin! The other missionaries are teaching him but we talked about baptism and he was way excited for it! 
    Friday, was pretty fun because we went and did "pickle ball finding" again with our potentials Mike and Jane! They are great people and love to have us play with them they're always asking a bunch of questions about the church! Good way to bring up the gospel! 
   Saturday, Mike and Jane invited us to the opening of the new pickle ball courts and they said the Mayor was going to be there. So that morning we went and met a ton of people who haven't heard of the church so it was a good way to do some finding! Got to meet the mayor of Croydon as well! We all took a pic with him and in the picture Elder Niuelua and I held up the Book of Mormon behind his head, haha. It's going to be in the local newspaper as well! Creative finding at its best!! That day we met and talked to these ladies who have beliefs in God and said they really want to meet up and learn more! Jasmine and Amia are their names! They're busy ladies so it's tough to meet up but pray that we can get in contact soon(: they were so prepared!!
   Sunday was MOTHERS DAY!!!!! Mum your the the best and I'm so thankful for all that you have taught me through out my life to help prepare me for my mission... sometimes I took it for granted but I look back and see how much you and dad sacrificed and the time you put into helping me become the best I can to be out here now! Thanks so much I love you tons❤️  During the Skype I felt so grateful for eternal families and for the chance I have to be apart of my wonderful family! 
     Yesterday we got a return apt. with another refferal who was taught by the missionaries in Malaysia! I think I talked about her last week but the apt. fell through so we are meeting with her tomorrow! She seems way prepared so send your prayers towards our friend Shirley! Her life is about to change with the gospel! 
     I love this work so much and I wouldn't change it for anything!!! Being out for 10 months I have learned so much about myself and what I want in life... I know that Jesus is the Christ and that when we are built upon his sure foundation nothing can bring us down! I promise that when you read the Book of Mormon it will change your life forever, because it has changed mine for the better.
    I love you all and I hope you all have a good week!

Cheers, 


-ELDER MCSPADDEN 
New pickle ball courts with the Mayor of Croydon, look close and you can see the Book of Mormon behind his head! 

 Niedeberger family from South Africa! One of the best in the ward! Love this family!!
 Selfie with the Niedeberger's and Elder Niuelua
 Pondering with Bishop Reed! (Bishop wanted a pic, haha)
 Flexin with Bishop Reed (:
 Smiling pic for Mum!!!

Love my Mission!  ~Elder McSpadden~


No comments:

Post a Comment