It started off with Thursday having a penta zone conference with Elder Kearon our area 70 who is now in the seven presidents of the 70! It was way cool being with him. He talked a lot about becoming the message when we are doing this work. Also to stop worrying and just work hard. That stuck out to me as well! I received tons of reevaluation at that which I'm pumped to use for the rest of my mission.
The next day we had MLC with him again! We came up with some things to bring the mission forward which is going to be sick. We then had another meeting the next day for the district leaders DLC. The best thing is that we have Elder D. Todd Christofferson coming to the mission on June 17th!! I'm wayyyyy pumped to here from one of the Lords anointed servants in two weeks(: very blessed!!
On Sunday, we had Marion come to church which was great! She's preoggressing still but very slow... we are going to have to move her date because she's not ready for this week.. sad but it's okay the lord has timing for everything!
On Monday, we had a sweet service project in the Stones zone we got permission to go to! We had to help the National Archives of the UK move family history films from Richmond up to North London. So we just helped pack all the films in our mission then they brought them up! It was way cool to learn about how they do everything with family search! The senior couples there were pretty cool as well! Good times.
Tuesday, we had exchange with the Welling elders and I was with Elder Chapman from Australia! We meet two awesome people on Tuesday!! Ones name is Sesay from Nigeria!! He's way sick. Grew up being around Muslims but says Christianity is where it's at haha. He said he would meet up with us next week so we are pumped for him. Then we meet this lady named Lorena who speaks only Spanish. I used the broken Spanish I know and in the end she said she would come to church with us on Sunday!!!! That was pretty cool to see the Lord bless us so we could communicate with each other(: there are some Spanish speaking missionaries we know so we will get them on a Skype teach with her! Pray that we can get her to church!!
Yesterday we also did service for our Bishops wife's friend! We helped their family take down wall paper as they're remodelling their house. I guess he's way anti and hates Mormons but we were good and had a laugh with him while serving. The wife would be baptized tomorrow but the husband doesn't like Mormons but it's good that we are getting in so he can get to know that we are some what normal haha. We invited him to come play football (soccer) with us next week and he said yes so we will see what happens with that!!
Elder Niuelua and I have been trying to do creative contacting and one of the things we are starting to do is play touch rugby with people in our area! It's been way fun the couple times we have played and the lads love us! Starting to ask questions and we are starting to teach(; I'm getting the hang of rugby as well it's pretty cool! It's off season for the players so they condition with touch rugby and look at other players to recruit. They asked us to play on their Union team (in season team)! I told them I'd never played rugby before only American football, they were pretty surprised.
We found out we have a Costco in our area so we begged bishops wife to come with us to do our shopping at Costco cuz she has a membership!! At Costco you can buy things that are really close to Amercian food she thought we were so funny because we we're so excited to go to Costco! Haha that was a crack up😂😂
Reading the Book of Mormon for the third time has been one of the best things! I read this book and it blows my mind every time. Just like it says the Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book!! It will bring you closer to Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father I know it(: if you feel your spiritually is down or if you need more happiness or peace I can promise the Book of Mormon will bring that because it has done it for me!! President and Sister Gubler haven't missed a day reading the Book of Mormon for almost 25 years, they say it helps so much! That's my goal...
Love you all and have a brilliant week❤
Love you all and have a brilliant week❤
No comments:
Post a Comment