Friday, June 2, 2017

Week #47 Croydon

    Hey it's Elder McSpadden from Croydon again! 
This week was overall pretty eventful which makes things fun! We had an exchange with the assistants and I was with Elder Dekock from South Africa! It was way fun to serve with that good Elder! We had a DA with a memeber from South Africa while we were there and they fed us some good Brai (BBQ).
   On Saturday we went and played soccer with some guys from the ward Frank and Victor and all their mates. These guys were so good, they're all from Ghana and Nigeria so we couldn't quite understand all their insults when we would mess up so I guess that's good, haha. They didn't remember my name so they would just yell "hey white boy go get it"... our team won so they gave us respect after but it was funny! At the end a man came up to us and said he went to church a couple of times in the past with other missionaries. He said he wanted to come back because he felt good inside when he came. Way pumped for our friend Alfred to start coming to church again! 
   We had a sick thing happen with some of the members in the ward doing missionary work. The member told her friend to watch the church video Mans Search for Happiness and she did! Ribina is her name and when we taught her she loved the first vision and how Joseph Smith had a question and God answered his question. We are teaching her again this week and she said she's going to pray and read the Book of Mormon because she wants to know the truth!
   Mariom our baptismal date is moving along but way slow. It's okay tho because God has a timing for everything! Just keep her in your prayers(:
   Our good mate Simon had come to the realization that he wants to stop drinking and smoking! We taught him about faith the other day and he couldn't stop talking about it I guess. He was talking to the lads about it and then came and told us he taught them the analogy of faith I gave in the lesson, it was sweet!! Now his friend Matt who's living with him is joining in on the lessons as well! Simon is already doing missionary work haha. These guys are the best and I really want them to change their lives for the better and find Christ(:
    I have been reading a GC talk every day and my faith has been strengthened so much from doing that! Those talks should be our walk and talk until the next conference. I challenge you all to go and read a conference talk today!
   I love being on my mission so much and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else right now than sharing this message with people(: 
Have a good week! Much love❤️ 
   
   


-ELDER MCSPADDEN 

Elder DeKock and I


No comments:

Post a Comment