Friday, June 23, 2017

Week #50 Croydon

Hey everybody!!!
   This week was kinda slow but things are still moving forward for us here in Croydon. Our investigator Simon is a way good cook so we invited him to this stake activity this week which is a chilli making contest so I'll keep you posted on how he does in that. Simon wants to change but is having a hard time taking action so we are still moving along with how we can help him more! 
    We did some service projects this week for some members which was fun to do! We did this Sisters back garden for her on Friday and then cut down this massive tree for another member. The guy helping us was nuts! He had the chain saw above his head going nuts cutting this tree down and he was counting on us to pull it hard enough with the rope attached to the top so it wouldn't fall on him! Crazy!!
   Saturday was the best part of the whole week!!! We got to go to the Staines Stake Center and listen to Elder D. Todd Christofferson speak to the mission! I also got to shake his hand which was a great experience! You can feel the spirit so strong when he entered the room that day. It was my first time meeting an Apostle so it was a cool time for me. He did a Q and A for us and he answered so many questions I had! It really helped me to know what I can do to always be a follower of Jesus Christ! 
    On Sunday we were doing some knocking and for only the fourth time in my mission a family let us into their home to teach them about the BOM!!! It was sweet. They believe in Jesus Christ and they said anyone who goes around and does this deserves to be let in. They gave us water and fed us fruit as well! Elder Niuelua and I couldn't believe it at first, haha. We taught them about the Book of Mormon and they accepted our challenge to read and pray about it. They are gone for a couple of weeks for family things but I hope we can see them in the near future. 
    That same night we had a DA with another great family in the ward, the Bell family. Brother Bell is the owner of the RAGNAR race and he's trying to get it big out here in Europe. It was cool to chat with him and his family! 
    Marion came to church again this last week which was pretty great! Still doing our best to help her progress more but she takes time! 
   We also are working with a family the other Elders referred to us, they're from Portugal. Louisa, Adario, and Mila! Havn't taught them yet but we are having a lesson tonight so you will probably here about them next week! Way excited to work with this solid family. 
    Transfers happened as well and I'm staying here in Croydon with Elder Niuelua! Pretty excited about that but our zone was changed up so much but it will be good to work with new faces. 
    A quote I found this week from President Monson really stood out to me so I wanted to share it with all of you!  “May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong.” President Thomas S. Monson. This is a pretty famous quote but I think it's very true in the work today! We always seem to choose the easy choice but not always the better one! This week I'm going to work on choosing the harder right(: 
    Love you all and I hope you have a solid week❤🤙🏽


-ELDER MCSPADDEN 
MTC Roomies, it was fun to see them all again!

  Elder Lorenzana is headed home and Elder Tuft is being transferred!


No comments:

Post a Comment