Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Week #64 Croydon

Hey!
It's been a good week for sure! We taught Luisa again and during one of her lessons we just read from the Book of Mormon to encourage her to get in a habit of reading it so she can gain a testimony of this great book! She struggles with English so we would read it in Portuguese and then into English! It was way cool and I felt the spirit a lot while helping her(: 
    Elder Dickey got sick in the week and Elder Stark was sick as well so Elder Niuelua and I went on exchange. We went out to go do service for a less active lady and help her move! It was pretty gross in the house but it was a great way to serve someone in need. We were with the second counselor in the Stake Presidency helping her move and it was fun to be with him. President Hawkins is his name and I have never met a more fun person to do service with, haha! Crackin jokes and having fun the whole time! He was giving us good advice that I thought was way cool! Talked about exact obedience and that we need to find small things in our life to be exactly obedient on so that the big things that are harder for us get easier because the Lord is blessing us. Helped me a lot! 
    One of the days all four of us Elders went to the high street and did banner contacting. This is when we throw up a big banner of Jesus Christ and just talk to everyone! For one hour I talked to every single person I could that walked buy and invited them to come unto Christ! On a busy high street in London it gets crazy but we were all loving it because the energy and spirit was way high! Found this one bloke from Jamaica that seems way sick who we are meeting with this next week. Pumped to see him. We also met this whack chick who kept telling us that money is her God and she loves money more than anything else in the world. I asked her what about her family and she said I love them equal to my money.. lol she then walked away and turned and came back and told me she would kill to have my eyes and tried touching my face. Haha, I was a bit creeped out!! But all the Elders had a pretty good laugh they couldn't stopšŸ˜‚ 
    General Conference was soooooo good I loved it and received tons of revelation for myself! I liked Elder Hollands talk about perfection and how we shouldn't stress for it but strive for it! Also the huge emphasis on how we need to read the Book of Mormon came out again just like President Monson said last conference!
Love the Book of Mormon and the power it has to help us in this day!! 

Have a good week catch ya later!  


-ELDER MCSPADDEN 

One of the sessions of General Conference! Old mate Hawkins and the Elders are the only ones!

 I think I may need new P-Day shoes!
 Wilderness in England!

P-Day selfie for Mom! Doing Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment