Monday, October 30, 2017

Week #67 Croydon

   First off we had transfers and I'm staying in this great area for at least another 6 weeks!! I was pretty nervous that I was going to get moved but I'm staying so that's exciting for sure! By the end of this transfer I will have been here for 8 months!! Long time but it's great, I love it here in Croydon!
A couple of cool things...  Luisa came to church on Sunday and we are meeting her again this week. We are still working with members right now with Mia who is wanting to get baptized but has a crazy schedule to work around. And we also got a referral from some sisters in the area above us who have a guy that wants to learn more about the church and getting baptized!! So we are having tons of things happening right now. It's all about praying for miracles! I have been doing it often and I'm gaining a stronger testimony of the power of prayer.
    Elder Dickey and I have some good goals for this transfer to be a little better for Him. Elder Niuelua is still here in the ward but his comp is Elder Black from Rigby, Idaho! Crazy that when I was first with Elder Niuelua is where I'm at now! And he only has 6 weeks left. Time flies and I know I want to make the most of it.
    I had an exchange with Elder Veenker this week which was one of the coolest things on my mission haha. Going on exchange with a mate from high school was sweet!! We did tons of service for some members which was a great time and we were able to talk to a non member friend who was staying there for a week. We sang hymns and felt the spirit a lot so that's always positive!! We were talking about football at one point and it was so weird for both of us haha. Took a pic togther and compared it to one from back home... Love Elder Veenker and the opportunity we had to go on exchange together.
    I was studying one of the recent general conference talks by Elder Cook called the eternal everyday. I found this quote. "Humility isn’t some grand identifiable achievement or even overcoming some major challenge. It is a sign of spiritual strength. It is having the quiet confidence that day by day and hour by hour we can rely on the Lord, serve Him, and achieve His purposes." This hit me way hard!! Humility is a sign of spiritual strength! The way we gain that is through Christ and in Christ we will gain the humility.
Have a good week!

Elder McSpadden

Elder Veenker and I on exchange.
 We had so much fun together... worked hard

 High School Homies! The mission gets pretty tough at times but it's so worth it and I'm so grateful to be serving! Before the mission pics together...  :)

 Elder Stark before he headed home.
 Temple all lit up at night!  Beautiful!
 Lunch with Aletta! She let us know she's still active and wants to go to the temple! That was really special for me and she's talking about saving up so she can come to SLC to attend General Conference! 
 The Bishop's wife made us 3 desserts!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment