The week started off way good with Zone Conference in Crawley!! President talked a lot about us and how we need to come to Christ before accomplishing his will which I thought was really inspiring for our zone especially. Elder Dickey got us tie chains to wear because President Gubler wear's one so that was pretty funny! We had some training and interviews the next day and it didn't end until 8pm which made for a long day when it started at 9am. After President shared with us how we can move the zone forward which was great, Sister Gubler made us homemade waffles. Wow, that reminded me of home for sure! Sunday we had a sweet fast and testimony meeting and I loved it! Felt the spirit so much... we also had 7 non members at church with tons of less actives so gospel principles class was packed. One of the best ones of my mission! After church we had some time to go find people so we went out and the Lord blessed us with three new people to teach! We struggle with keeping apts. because people in London don't put religion first on their list of priorities haha. But we are working hard to change that!
We did some more banner contacting on the high street with a picture of Christ and a Book of Mormon in hand. We found 4 new people and the main key we focused on was testifying of the Book of Mormon. There's so much power that comes with The Book of Mormon it truly speaks for its self. We have been teaching Luisa still and through her commitment to read we have seen her testimony grow which is key to her conversion and through the Book of Mormon I know she will receive it. When she was at church she was trying to set up another apt. with us this week because she is so ready to learn more about the Book of Mormon! She even followed up with us about how her reading went this last week!! The Book of Mormon is very powerful and I know it's true(:
I've been reading the conference talks again because it was soooo good!!! But I came across a good quote by President Uchtdorf which says "God is willing to use you, if your willing". I like this because he tells us how we need to humble ourselves and submit to Gods will! I have seen that on my mission for sure and in the lives of others. God will bless us if we submit to His will and have trust in Him! Aletta our recent covert has seen that as well, she is doing so good. We stopped and gave her a priesthood blessing the other day, she hasn't been able to make it to church because of her work but she is stopping this week so she can come more often. I know she will be blessed! She sees that blessings are flowing her way and even though at times it's really hard to follow Him, she keeps on going(:
Crazy I've hit 15 months on the mission it seems like just yesterday I left but it does seem like forever since I've seen my family! I'm just trying to live it up and do my best these next 9 months by helping others come unto Christ. I think one of the things I love is just remembering that if there's anything I'm struggling with the work, obedience, accountability anything like that its all about how my faith in Jesus Christ is coming and understanding how I can strengthen that belief in him. I think from conference I really learned about how to strengthen it by obeying Priesthood covenants, our temple covenants that we made and our baptismal covenants. Remembering them and praying to have remembrance of them and then being able to keep them sacred to us. I know that Jesus Christ lives, I think reading about the resurrection has really helped me once again to know that He really does live! I was reading in Mosiah Chapter 16 verse 9 and I invite you all to go and read that together for family home evening but to just look about how it testifies of Christ and how He is the light and even in the darkness He is still the light. I know that to be true and I know that on my mission I 've really gained a testimony of it and I know that I want to share this message with others as well! I love you guys let me know if I can do anything for you.
I know this work is true and that Christ lives! That's what matters...
Have a good week!
Elder McSpadden
Zone Conference
Tie chains with Elder Dickey and IFive Guys
Presidents house for homemade waffles!!!
Elder Patillo and I on exchange! Love you guys!! Byeeee

No comments:
Post a Comment