This week was way good!! Tons of different miracles and things happening on the mission right now and I love it! Last Wednesday, at the end of P-day we had a big spiritual burst and went and found tons of return apts. with some past investigators, members and their friends. We also saw a member in the ward walking down the high street at night. We stopped and talked with her and she's giving us a bunch of referrals and a few part member families she knows that we can go teach! Pretty excited! There is also a member in our ward with a niece that isn't a member who we are teaching right now and we had a brilliant lesson with her on Thursday! We taught the Doctrine of Christ and the spirit hit us all when we started talking about the restoration and first vision. Now we have her on date for baptism on the 25th of November! Haha my birthday!! But there are some concerns with this date because of her mum so we are going to do all we can to help her on this journey! Pray for Mia(: Also Luisa is still on date for the 25th and we have been teaching her so much more. Sometimes it's tough because she gets frustrated when she's not able to understand everything we are teaching but it's all good, just keep enduring, teaching and relying on the spirit!
Elder Dickey and I have been hitting the high street with banner contacting quite a bit and we love it. We found a guy named John that was dealing with addictions 7 years ago and the missionaries were the ones who actually helped him overcome them. He says he's been sober for that many years and he just kept saying thank you over and over again and then as we continued to talk with him he committed to meet up with us tomorrow! Pumped to help John. Also, right when we threw up the banner with the picture of Christ on it a bloke named Clovis from the Congo walked up and was so excited we were talking to people about Christ that he wanted to learn more! He was way excited but he went out of town this week on holiday so Saturday is the day we meet up with him. This week has been humbling for sure, I'm learning so much as I continue to rely on the Lord and follow Him with no fear. I know good things will continue to happen!! We can't do it on our own in life, we all need Him(;
In England, November 5th is called Guy Fawkes day where everyone lights off fireworks and makes huge bonfires, it's so sweet! Guy Fawkes was a dude that tried blowing up Parliament to kill King James I. Since the king survived the attempted murder on his life people in the town lit bonfires around London in celebration. November 5th became a day of thanksgiving for the failed attempt to kill the king! Guy Fawkes was executed and now it's a huge holiday in England! Elder Dickey and I were invited by our bishop and two other families to go to a Guy Fawkes celebration in a town called Caterham in our area. The town pilled up a huge amount of wooden crates about 40 ft high and started it on fire, it was probably the largest bonfire I've ever seen! Then half way through they started lighting of these massive fireworks that went off on the side of the big bonfire haha. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen 😂 we were able to eat food and at the same time watch things burn. We have the sickest ward!!
Yesterday, was sweet because we had interviews with President and Sister Gubler along with trainings! We train each district while the other one is doing interviews with President Gubler. We talked about charity and working with members! We all need more charity in our lives!! Everyone had a good time and hopefully took a lot from what was said. But the interviews were the worst... there were some missionaries in the zone that took forever in the interview so we didn't get dome until 9pm... it started at 10am! So, we started driving the sisters back to their area and after we dropped them off we headed back to our flat. Well, I missed the exit I was suppose to take! It shouldn't have been that big of a deal because I could turn around a half a mile up, right?? No, of course not because in between that half a mile where we were suppose to turn around and come back to the correct exit there was a car completely engulfed in flames! It was shooting out fire from the other side of the road!!! Haha it was crazy.. so we had to take the longest way back to flat and didn't get home until 11pm. I'm wrecked right now so tired but it was a sweet adventure for sure!
I was reading the talk by Elder Maynes from the last general conference titled "Earning the Trust of the Lord and your Family". The quote I loved reads, "Being a man of integrity simply means your intentions, as well as your actions, are pure and righteous in all aspects of your life, both in public and in private." This really stood out to me because we can pretend to be one way all we want but what really matters is what we do when no one is looking. I want to always strive to be a man of integrity to have the trust of the Lord and my family at all times!
Have a good week!
Much love,
-ELDER MCSPADDEN
Inum and the missionaries, sweetest little girl!
Guy Fawkes Day November 5, 2017
No comments:
Post a Comment