Friday, November 17, 2017

Week #70 Croydon


    Started this week off really well with our Penta Conference in Crawley! I love President and Sister Gubler and the power they have when they speak to us! Sister Gubler was talking about faith and how we need faith in this great work! President Gubler presented to us a powerful talk on light and referenced his talk to President's Uchtdorf's recent GC address called, "Bearers of Heavenly Light". Learning about light is something I really enjoyed and drew from this week. I was reading in Alma afterwards and it goes on to explain about how Christ is the light and we have to search for it. It then talks about how as humans we are all carnal and sensual with out the light of Christ but because each one of has can access that light we can be a marvelous people! My goal is to always move into the light of Christ! 
    We found a few solid people this week and one of them was Musa from Egypt! I've met so many people from all around the world but this is the first one from Egypt! He grew up Muslim but is now trying to figure out what he actually really believes in! It was so great to have the opportunity to teach the full restoration, feel the spirit from the first vision and then extend to him an invitation to read the Book of Mormon (in Arabic)!  It's going to be tough with him because he said if his family finds out he's meeting with us they could kill him!  Meeting up with him all the time won't happen but he has promised he would read and see us in the next week, so we'll see! Exciting times!
    We also found this bloke Clovis from the Congo! He's a flippin beast!!! I think I told you last week that when we were doing banner contacting he saw us put up our banner of Christ and he quickly came over to talk to us! He came to church on Sunday and had a good time. Then during gospel principles we extended a baptismal date to him for the 16th of December, he said that he will pray and when God tells him the Book is true he will be baptized! We're meeting with Clovis again tonight to follow up with his reading and talk about the plan of salvation so pray it goes well! He calls me his Brother McSpadden, haha Clovis is the man! 
    Had Remembrance Sunday in Selsdon this week which was good! It's when everyone remembers the people who have been killed in wars, a lot like Veterans Day back home! Pretty cool to see everyone participate in the tradition of wearing  a poppy flower to remember those who have died in war. England is way big on it and it's always so fun to be apart of and learn their traditions. 
   We were able to be around a lot of members this week which was good as well! Elder Dickey and I built a shed for mamma Vega, a member from Jamaica in the ward, which was so fun! Also, we had a DA with the Vennerholms from Sweden which is always a crack up!  We were then invited over to Bishop Reads to spend time with his family from South Africa! I love having the opportunity to experience so many different cultures, food, accents and amazing people from places all around the world! I love that about England, member families on the mission are the best(: 
    Such a good week in Croydon and I'm happy the work is moving forward! I can feel the prayers from back home for sure! Helps out so much when things seem to be long! I love the mission and I'm proud to wear Christ's name on my chest(: 
Have a good week!! 

-Elder McSpadden

No comments:

Post a Comment