Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Week #75 Bristol


Hey everybody it's Elder McSpadden in Bristol!
   
     This week has gone by pretty fast which is good but I'm always trying to make the most of it! Started the week with a solid exchange with Elder Tandiman from the Philippines! He's a beast missionary and loves to serve the Lord! He's also a brilliant artist so I had him draw a couple of things for me haha. We had a great time working hard in Bristol. We found a guy named Danny which was a miracle because we had been finding on the street for a long time and I was trying to help this young missionary with his faith to find. I told him that if we talked to the next 20 people with full faith we would find a new person to teach! In that 20 people we found Danny! So we celebrated with a sweet muffin from the market. We also got a referral named Naomi who is wanting more happiness in her life! She has social anxiety so we had to teach her over messenger and the phone which was hard but it worked. Meeting with her again soon as well! Good exchange and excited to see how Elder Tandiman does the rest of his mission! 
    We taught Francis the other day which went well but more concerns have come up with him... nothing to big but we just need to keep on helping him come unto Christ through the small and simple things! He's also gone for Christmas like all the other people we teach but it's all good we will see him soon.
    We went to my old area Taunton to do some finding as a district which was way cool!! I talked to a bunch of people I used to teach or see on the street which was weird but just another chance to plant a seed! Also stopped by a good friend and member Brendan's house who was happy to see me so that was good. Felt like a dream going back there because it was almost a year ago I was living there! Also that night we had a member from Croydon come take us to five guys! Bishop Read and his two boys haha. Good fun catching up with them!
    We went on an exchange with the Weston Super Mare Elders. Elder Lawson and Elder Allen. I was with Elder Allen from up north a ways kinda by Leeds. He's a great Elder and we found some solid people! Found this one lady who was so interested because we testified of the plan of salvation and how she could see her mum and nan again some day! I really like that part of finding when people just seem so caught off guard by our boldness in the message we share. Pretty cool to see! 
    Elder Bos and I have been trying really hard to be better at following up with investigators cuz so many people in England just flog apts. like it's nothing so we are hunting them down😂 we have been teaching some great people and helping them come to know the gospel is true so I pray they will understand and receive that witness! We've had some really cool experiences here in Bristol together and I'm liking it so much! Christmas is a great time to be a missionary and serve Jesus Christ! He's the reason for the season. Hope you all have a good Christmas! 
    


-ELDER MCSPADDEN 

Temple trip 
Elder Tandiman's quick art
 Cold England weather

 Art in Bristol
 English buildings are sweet, Central Bristol!

Elder Allen and I's exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment