Friday, January 5, 2018

Week #77 Bristol

Happy New Year!!!!
   2018 has begun and I'm so excited for it!! This past year has been a great one for sure. I have learned some key things that I will cherish for the rest of my life and I'm beyond grateful for it! Ups and downs but it has been rewarding. I have come to know that I have a Father in Heaven who loves and cares for me! I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer and through him any trial of sickness or affliction can be overcome. The enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ has made it all possible! I know that the true and everlasting gospel has been restored through the prophet Joseph Smith and the evidence of that is the Book of Mormon!! Grateful for these truths I have come to know and cherish! The people that have accepted this message will be blessed and it has been good helping them on that path here in England! Can't wait for what's ahead and what more I need to learn! 
    One thing I did relearn this week was to not ever give up... we're teaching Shawn and his family still and now we're teaching the people that live next door to them! They have some hard addictions and at first I thought there was no hope but now we see progress with them wanting to come to the addiction recovery program tonight!! It's going to be great to have them. The other two peoples names are Becky and Charlie a mother and daughter! They want peace and happiness from this crazy world so I promised them if they met with us they could see a glimpse of what they could have for eternity. Of coarse they wanted to know more! So we had a small chat and they committed to meet up more often and learn about how this gospel can bless their family! 
    We've also been teaching this sweet bloke from Nigeria!! His name is Sunday and we are teaching him the GOJC tomorrow! He loves the Book of Mormon and the plan of salvation so he's progressing! Hard for him to come to church because he still has a church he goes to but he said if he found out this to be the word of God he would go teaching everyone about it! I was amped for that haha. 
    Sunday was crazy!!! We had like 9 people commit to come to church with rides and everything but that didn't happen... at least two people came and loved it but we gotta work harder next week! Melanie and Howa came. Just two people we are working with as well. Literally went to Melanie's house to get her up and have a member take her! She has a wheelchair and was trying to use it as an excuse but I was like no it's fine, I threw the wheelchair in our car and she got in the car with the member haha. She was surprised about how bad we wanted her to come to church! She did say after she wants to start coming more so that's good! Glad we were urgent!! 
    I was listening to a talk by President Monson our dear prophet who just passed away! I loved this quote by him... "Without His atoning sacrifice, all would be lost. It is not enough, however, merely to believe in Him and His mission. We need to work and learn, search and pray, repent and improve. We need to know God’s laws and live them. We need to receive His saving ordinances. Only by so doing will we obtain true, eternal happiness."  I know that as we follow Jesus Christ and partake of what he has given we can find that happiness! But like the prophet said it's through work, learning, searching, praying, repenting, and improving then we will find it! 
    Love this work and I know it's true! Have a good week


-ELDER MCSPADDEN 


No comments:

Post a Comment