Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Week #78 Bristol

This week has been good here in Bristol!!
    We have seen so many miracles with finding and teaching people here in Bristol! We taught this bloke named Damian from Poland who is sooo cool. I was on exchange with Elder Lawson from Davis, who played football as well, we were able to teach Damian and he's eager to learn more. At first he pulled a joke on us saying he wants to create his own church which was weird but then he was like no for reals Elders I want to learn! "Creating my own church is a joke, I want to find Christ's real church." He's for sure in the right place! 
    Then on Monday we found five solid new friends to teach! Sky was the first one who we found near the chapel and is coming to church on Sunday. We found Andy, when Elder Bos was prompted to talked to him on the high street, it turns out he has had some things come up lately in his life that has taken him down to a bad place. We are now meeting up with him to talk about finding true happiness in our lives, even through the hard times! Also, Aaron who started reading the Book of Mormon the second we gave it to him, wants to learn more about this new book because it seems so great! We're also meeting up to teach two brothers from Glastonbury England that love American football! Tons of good things happening for us here but now it comes down to the spirit and helping them progress to the waters of baptism! 
    My testimony of prayer continues to grow each week as I've learned once again the power of prayer and how powerful it can be when we use it often! In Doctrine & Covenants 10:5 it reads, "Pray always that you may come off conqueror, yea that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work."  I love that so much! I know that as I pray to my Father in Heaven with sincerity Satan will not win! And that is because of Jesus Christ! I love this work and I'm so happy every day to be a servant in His hands! 


-ELDER MCSPADDEN 

Bristol at night!

 Elder Bos and I
 The Chocolate Shop one of the members own! My mom would love it!
 When they see the missionaries coming they serve us up some roasted white hot chocolate and a yummy cinnamon roll!  They always treat us so well!


No comments:

Post a Comment