Good week in Bristol for Elder Bos and I! I'm trying really hard not to slow up even though I'm getting so tired, Haha. It's harder in the Bristol Zone with missionary work so I need more faith, works and obedience! It's pushing me a lot more and I love it! Elder Bos and I are doing really well. It's weird the mission is going by so fast, just happy Elder McSpadden doing work! We saw tons of miracles and had some cool experiences this week I'll share with you all.
First, we had a lesson with this guy named Henry who is from Nigeria this past week! We taught him about the Book of Mormon more fully because at first he didn't understand but towards the end of this lesson the spirit testified to him what the Book was and why it is so important. We didn't have any contact with him for a couple of days and then out of nowhere he called us back! He asked if we'd left the country because he'd been trying to get ahold of us for a couple of days. I'm not sure what happened but we let him know we were trying to get ahold of him too!! He then proceeds to tell us how he has read all of 1 Nephi and is starting 2 Nephi. He then told us that when he reads he feels there is a spiritual element behind this book and he can feel it so strongly! We are meeting with Henry again this week and I'm so amped to teach this bloke. The one thing that Elder Bos and I have been hitting home a lot with people lately is the power of the Book of Mormon. We just have them read from the beginning and see the fruits that come from it! It's working!! Love the Book of Mormon and the power that I've witnessed it has from reading it.
Second, is we had Shawn and his boy Shawncandon come to church on Sunday! He's doing a lot better with his addictions and coming to the recovery meetings as well. We are also teaching his daughter Grace along with her friend Lisa! She's a hard core Irish Catholic so it gets pretty funny at times when she gets mad at me for telling her she needs to stop smoking while being pregnant! Good family tho!
We have found some new people this week as well! One of them is named Duncan and he's on date for baptism so that's good! We just know we have to keep up that daily contact and help him continue to dive into the Book of Mormon.
We went to Staines near London for an MLC meeting which was pretty sweet! We talked a lot about the law of obedience and how it's necessary for salvation! Our mission is way obedient but it's always good to have that reminder to receive more blessings! We talked about way forwards for the mission on how we can accomplish goals and further the work in the great England London South Mission! Goal setting and prioritize planning was a big thing! Love MLC because President Gubler does a brilliant job at bringing the spirit into our hearts every time he speaks! He's a powerful man of God. I feel so blessed to be here and have him as my mission president.
A funny thing that happened this week was Elder Bos and I went into Mackers (McDonald's) for some food while driving to London. We sat down and started to eat and my companion, the good Elder he is, started to talk to the lady working there named Sarah who was cleaning trays. After awhile it got awkward and she asked us to take some survey to say how she was doing a good job. We didn't want to be rude so we took the card but we couldn't take the survey because it blocks it on our phones. She comes back and asked if we had taken it, we then tried to explain why we couldn't... she then tells us to find her manager James and tell him she's doing a good job! So Elder Bos is like should we do it? haha. I was just gunna leave him behind but I followed Elder Bos up to the counter, like a good companion would, as he asked for James the manger. The whole room full of McDonald's workers and customers stopped talking and looked at both of us as Elder Bos says, "hey James, your worker over there, Sarah, she's doing a good job"... we then walked out really awkwardly to the car. No one said a thing as we walked out accept Sarah and she said thank you. I think the survey would have been easier! It was a good thing to do but how it all happened was so funny😂 had to be there.
I was reading in the Book of Mormon this week and cross referenced to Isaiah 1:19 which says "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land" I like this because if we are willing and always striving to be obedient then God will bless us! We can't always be 100% perfect all the time but we can be 100% willing and striving. I asked President how I know when I'm willing and striving enough and he told me I have to be accountable by setting goals and making plans then accounting before the Lord. Then by the power of the Holy Ghost I will know how I'm doing! He said we need to "walk in the covenant path" to be prepared at any moment for Christ to come. Then He will accept us into His Kingdom.
I love my Savior Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for me! I know He lives and loves each of us! I feel honored to wear His name on my chest and serve the best I can each day! I love learning more about the church and it's doctrine, I want to have sweet studies like this the rest of my life! The prophets have promised us sooooo many blessings from daily scripture study, personal prayer and family prayer.
Have a good week (:
-ELDER MCSPADDEN
The streets of Bristol...



No comments:
Post a Comment