Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Week #81 Bristol

Heyyyy!!!
    This week's been so good for Elder Bos and I here in Bristol!! England is sweet, I'm great and the fish and chips have never been better!
    On Sunday, we had 5 of our proper investigators at church and they loved it! We have the opportunity to bless the Sacrament every week and as we were sitting on the stand I had such a spiritual experience. As I was sitting there looking at all of our investigators quietly waiting to see what this service was all about with curiosity and a little nervousness. The spirit was so strong testifying to me that they may not know it now but I know they were all in the best place they could be at this time! I had so much gratitude towards my Father in heaven for allowing me to be in England serving his children and guiding them to the truth... it was the best and I'll never forget the feeling I had at this time! 

    Since last p-day Elder Bos and I have found 15 new investigators! We've been going so hard and relying more on the Savior than we have ever before. We know there are people out there searching for the truth but they know not where to find it so we are trying to find them!! One of our friends is Mathew who came to church... he's ysa age and wants to find peace and happiness in his life. He says there is so much guilt he feels in him right now and he wants to get rid of it.  I'm  so hyped to teach him more about how he can feel peace in his life and find true happiness. He committed to be baptized the beginning of March so I pray it happens! He's such a good lad as well, haha. When he walked into church he said, "ahhhh it's my best mates, the Elders"😂😂 everyone at church loved him and he fit in so well with all the other ysa as well. 

    We also had Henry from Zimbabwe make it to church this week. I think last week I said he was Nigerian and he was not happy with me so I need to correct myself, he's not Nigerian he's Zimbabwean. He made it to church after not sleeping all night due to work so it was a sacrifice for him to come for sure. He's currently reading Jacob in the Book of Mormon and says he can't stop reading it. He's a very smart bloke who knows how to get answers from God so I have faith in Henry that he will be baptized in February! We are meeting with him tonight and he told us,  "Elders I need to talk about this book of Jacob I have to many good questions to ask".  Henry is definitely on the right path! 

    Shawn and his family are doing well! Shawn and his partner Laura are coming to the addiction recovery meeting tonight and Elder Bos and I are putting that on because the other instructors will be gone so I'm excited to see how that goes. We went to Shawn's house the other night and played football with all of the boys and their friends. I was on exchange with my last companion Elder Tsai, he's doing well! There was about 20 of us on the field running around getting muddy and I was loving it. It's always good to have some fun! Some of the kids say their parents would be really interested in what we have to share so this next week we will hopefully have the opportunity to teach more of them! 

    We met this brilliant couple in the town center yesterday named Ali from Iran and Lucy from Bristol! Ali played football (soccer) in West Virginia for NCAA and was so excited to see Americans again. He is a Christian and wants to learn more, along with his girlfriend, about what we believe! Ali drove past us after we had set up a return appointment with him and yelled out the window  "Hey McSpadden, you better text me mate I'm excited to meet up with you lads this week!" He's way keen on knowing more about what we have to say so it should be a good first teach with them as well. 

    We've had so many miracles this week I could go on and on but one thing I do know is that the reason for our miracles is due to the fact we're relying on the Lord more and more... I was reading a talk by Elder Bednar and he said we need to BELIEVE what we know! Meaning that you can know that Christ suffered for all of us but do you believe specifically and personally as it applies to you? If you do, then you will repent daily, keep the commandments, and strive every day to come to know Him. Something that I've been asking myself and trying more faithfully to apply is "do I believe Him"? 



Have a good week!!!! 

-Elder McSpadden

No comments:

Post a Comment