Wednesday, February 14, 2018

What I've learned...


One of the greatest things I have learned on my mission thus far is the need to always strive to come to Jesus Christ  each and every day. In a talk I’ve recently been studying by Elder Renlund it states “The closer we are to Jesus Christ in the thoughts and intents of our hearts, the more we appreciate His innocent suffering, the more grateful we are for grace and forgiveness, and the more we want to repent and become like Him.” As I read this talk it made me ask myself “how can I come closer to my Savior?”  Later on in the talk it mentions the great importance of the Sacrament and I might add the Book of Mormon. These two aspects of the gospel have been the key for myself in drawing closer to the Savior. Elder Renlund goes on to say... “The sacrament truly helps us know our Savior. It also reminds us of His innocent suffering. If life were truly fair, you and I would never be resurrected; you and I would never be able to stand clean before God. In this respect, I am grateful that life is not fair.”  I am also grateful that life is not fair, God always remembers us and has made a way for us to receive those full blessings he has promised us through His Son Jesus Christ by partaking of the Holy emblems of the Sacrament. 
While on my mission I’ve studied, learned and have faithfully gained a true testimony of this. I’ve come to know of these truths through the Book of Mormon! Reading the words of ancient prophets testify of truth I have come to know through the Holy Ghost that Jesus Christ lives and we can all live again because of His sacrifice! This brings me so much joy in my life!!! One of our friends we are teaching right now named Henry from Zimbabwe is finding this same testimony I have of the Book of Mormon. He told us the other day that there is a spiritual element to this book that he has never felt or seen before. In three weeks he has read up to Mosiah and is living evidence of the promise in Moroni that “...if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.” Both Henry, myself, and many others have seen this promise come alive in our own lives for the purpose of striving every day in coming to know Jesus Christ. I love this glad message we bear as missionaries because it gives us so much hope, peace, and happiness in a crazy world we live in today!

So to answer your question Mum I’m doing better than I have ever been before(:

Love,
Elder McSpadden

No comments:

Post a Comment