Sunday, March 4, 2018

Week #84 Bristol

This week has been way busy and we still have things for the next couple days as well!!
    First off our main man Henry passed his interview and is getting baptized Saturday!! He is so faithful and will be blessed for his doings. I'm trying to catch up to him in the book of Mormon because we started the same time and he's beating me haha. He loves the book! Kayden also passed his interview and should be getting baptized on Saturday as well. His parents are doing a lot better but just can't seem to get over their addictions. It's really sad but we won't give up! 

Elder Bos and I have 13 baptism dates right now for the next two months which is exciting. We have been working so hard to help them and five of them came to church on Sunday! We found a bunch of new people as well! Things are going well in the area and Bristol zone so glory to God! One of the blokes we found is named Marcus who is going to the University in Bristol right now. We found him and he said he felt such a strong connection to us but he didn't know why. Taught him the first lesson and during the first vision he said he felt a warm feeling come over him and he didn't know what it was. We explained it was the Holy Ghost and he was so excited haha. He has no belief but showed so much humility and desire to really know if God was there! He's going to be the next baptism for sure(: he does rowing, studies math and is 19 years old as well so he's a good mate! 

We had a zone conference with a GA area 70 yesterday and it was great!! One thing he said was how meetings should have a revelatory experience not a time to sit and talk about non sense. Also how we should press the humility button and listen to what God has to tell you. I tried my best to do that and received some great insights! Something that I came to know is that this whole thing is TRUE. I know that God is a loving father and He sent his son to pay the price for many. I also know that Joseph was a true prophet and that Russel M. Nelson has been called of God! If it wasn't true then it would be the greatest scheme the world has or will ever see. But I know it is true through the divine power of the Holy Ghost! 
Have a good week(: 
 -Elder McSpadden

Elder Madsen and Elder Lawson
 Elder Bos and I on P-day
 Elder Menlove
 After Henry's first lesson


No comments:

Post a Comment