Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Week #89 Bristol

Heyyyyyy everybody its Elder McSpadden and Elder Madsen the beast
missionaries out here in Bristol!!
   This week was a lot of fun because
it was the best week of finding we have ever had!! We set a goal of
talking to 1000 people and then finding 25 new friends but also to get
a solid return teach with all of them. We got all return teaches
except 4 so that was way cool because we usually get flogged from a
ton of them. We taught this bloke named Nuaadh from the Maldives and
he is now on date and watching conference with us this weekend. Also
we have this sweet guy named Laurence we met him on the high street
and found out he wanted to have more self control in his life and feel
clean and happy with himself. We met him at the chapel the next day
and he biked 30 min up hill all the way to the chapel. We found more
of a proper need of why he wanted happiness and purity and then
connected it to the doctrine of Christ which can solve anyone’s needs.
We then had a powerful restoration lesson and extended a date for baptism. He
was apprehensive about it but said he would keep meeting up with us.
During the lesson we taught him about the feelings of the Holy Ghost
and how it is love joy peace etc. As it says in Galatians 5. I also
felt prompted to share with him more about how I feel the spirit. I
told him how it sometimes is a burning sensation inside with warm
tingles. He understood and knew that if he felt that it would be God
telling him that this is true. At the end we had Laurence pray for us.
He then asked God if the Book of Mormon was true and if what we were
telling him was true as well. He showed so much gratitude and
sincerity to God in the prayer as well. Elder Madsen and I felt the
spirit so strong and so we looked up at him after the prayer and said
how do you feel? He looked at us with watery eyes saying I felt the
warm tingles and an overcoming feeling of love and peace. We then said
what does that mean? He said it comes from God and the Holy Ghost!!! I
was so excited I didn't know what to say!!!! Haha so Laurence is
progressing for sure! Very sincere man.
    Marcus had a pretty cool experience happen as well. We talked a
lot about repentance with him and how it's a way he can receive an
answer as well. He asked God for forgiveness and he said he felt so
good after!! He’s in France right now for rowing so it will be hard to
teach him more consistently. But he is reading and praying a lot as well!
    We had a sweet exchange with Elder Mriny and Elder Patillo. Elder
Mriny is who I was with and he's from Italy!! He is a convert of only
18 months so learning about how he became a member and his whole
conversion was really inspiring to me!! We went out and talked with
everyone we could and just went so hard the entire time haha. We also
taught Henry the recent convert lessons and Elder Mriny was able to
bear some solid testimony of the church and how he needs to endure to
the end and it will change his life.
    We had interviews with President and Sister Gubler!! We did some
training for the zone all about faith in Christ and we had a sweet
testimony meeting that brought the spirit and lifted tons of
missionaries! My interview was great with President but he said I
might be moving next week so we will see!! Serving here in in Bristol
with Elder Madsen has been great so I'll be way sad haha. But hey these
things happen!
    Since this week is Easter and we have General Conference I'm
so hyped for it all. I have the Easter video called "Always There"
that you can check out on my Facebook if you haven't seen it yet!! I've
been studying the last week about the Saviors life and how there is
so much symbolism in it all! Like how he road on a white donkey into
Jerusalem and wore a red robe. Also how there is no
account of what happened on Wednesday. But also where he performed the
Atonement and the Crucifixion. I love the gospel and I love being
filled with the spirit when I learn doctrine!!

Have a good week!!!

Loves from 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
-ELDER MCSPADDEN

No comments:

Post a Comment