Thursday, March 15, 2018

Week #87 Bristol

Hey hey hey its Elder McSpadden again out here in Bristol England!!!
    This week has been another good one!! I think every week is good in the mission because of the good work we do out here. As long as you look for good then good will be there. Good way to live!! Elder Madsen and I've been doing some proper work out here and its been a blast. Seeing miracles having fun and loving everything and everyone!! We went to London for three things this week which was exciting. We had zone leadership training where we learned all about how to begin teaching skills on finding a need with the people we teach... everyone has a need in their life so we as missionaries need to find it and connect those needs and questions to Jesus Christ.  He has all the answers when we humble ourselves and come unto him!! We've been able to put that into practice with our friend Mathew. He has had a hard time in his life and he knows where he wants to go but when we connected his needs to Christ he has been starting to understand a lot more. Way cool to see the spirit work within someone!! Jesus Christ is the answer... we also had our MLC meeting where we talked about the mission and how to move the work forward.  President Gubler always knows how to bring the spirit and get everyone amped to find souls it's pretty sweet!! I get excited like before a football game with the spirit when he talks to us haha, I love it! We have a zone conference this week where we are going to get the whole mission amped and Elder Madsen and I get to be apart of it!! President was like "Bristol Elders, you have fire and the Lord needs you!!" 
    We had a cool miracle the other night while finding on this busy street in our area called Park Street. It’s right next to the Uni and all the students are always going up and down it to class and to all the places to eat. So we find there all the time. We were hitting that street hard one night and ran out of supplies to give to people except our "tool of harvest" the Book of Mormon so of course we had a goal to hand it out and get a return apt. with it!!! First person we talked to was a bloke named Conner who is at Bristol Uni right now. He accepted the book and is now meeting up with us on Saturday to learn more!! Pretty sweet way the Lord will just put people in our paths. 
   Marcus, we are meeting tomorrow at the chocolate shop again so that should be good. It’s hard for him to come to church because he has rowing meets every weekend but we are praying for a solution to that as well.  He’s such a good guy and wanting to learn so I hope he follows the path we are teaching him!
    Elder Madsen and I have been trying to find people to play b ball with as well and start a group up who will play every week and last week we found 5 guys who are keen to play so we should be seeing some success from that sometime soon as well! Always good to switch up finding techniques in missionary work!!
    I love this place here in England and I wouldn't want to trade it for anything! Testifying of Christ and His Atonement brings me so much joy and I wouldn't be able to do it in any other way than on a mission. I have grown to love my Savior more and more every day and I am truly grateful for that!!
Love you all and hope you have a good week(:
-Elder McSpadden


Touch Rugby
 Zone Leadership at a DLC

 Da Lads
 My drawing of Elder Madsen!

No comments:

Post a Comment