This week has been really good for Elder Madsen and I out here in
Bristol!
We had a zone conference that was way fun haha. Since it’s
March madness back in America we did a March madness themed zone
conference where we used that hype to get the mission excited to bring
souls to Christ! We called it Moroni madness in the mission. Pretty
crazy because Pres. Gubler isn’t someone I would think who would do
something like this but at MLC we were all excited to do it! Since the
championship game in basketball is called the big dance we always say
who are you bringing to the big dance? Meaning who are we going to
bring to Christ in the next couple months! At zone conference we
had a half court contest as well and then I threw a oop to Elder
Madsen and everyone went crazy😂 we of coarse brought it back to
Christ and how our focus is in him but we need to be earnest in the
work! It helped me to refocus but get excited for the last months of
my mission!
Saturday and Sunday it snowed again out here so church was cancelled
which we were so sad about... back home church just goes on but english
people can't handle it!!! So those were some tough days for me but
then Monday I stopped feeling sorry for myself and Elder Madsen and I
set a gaol to find 25 new friends this week!! We are at 14 so far and
they're all so solid!! Bunch of fresh uni students who are crazy
smart!! We found Peter James and John all in a row so watch out we are
about to baptize the OG 12. Haha. I was on exchange with Elder
Epperson from AF Utah! We know so many of the same people and we
played football against each other so that was way fun to be with him!
Our mate Marcus is doing really well right now but just having a hard
time with finding a true answer if God is there. He’s so willing and
wanting to find out so I know he will get his answer soon. We talk
with him every day and follow up on the Book of Mormon reading and
prayer. We also a taught this bloke named Calm who has a degree in
maths and is so smart. He said he will read half of the Book of Mormon
this week and the second half next week so we will see how that goes!!
So many willling people to here the truth in Bristol right now...
humility will be key for them to enter the waters!!
I was reading in Alma this week about Ammon and how he glories in God.
His brother Aaron was telling him he was being boastful but he then says
the famous scripture of how he doesn’t boast in his own strength but
he boasts in his God. Ammon is such a good example of someone who gave
his life for God and this great cause. He also says how his joy is
full... I love that because it means there is no way he could feel
more joy than serving as a missionary! That's exactly how I feel too and i love
it!!!!!
Have a good week!!! Much love from England fam.
-Elder McSpadden
Elder Epperson from AF, Utah. We played football against each other and know a lot of the same people!
Exchange

No comments:
Post a Comment