Sunday, March 4, 2018

Week #85 Bristol

Hey Hey Hey its Elder McSpadden in Bristol fam!
    This week has been soooooo crazy but filled with some pretty sweet stuff for sure. We had
MLC with Elder Sabin from the area 70 which was way good again. Learned
a lot of things about what I want in life and how to stay on the
covenant pathway. He asked us to memorize D&C 90:24 and I've learned
so much from the scripture this week. “Search diligently, pray always,
and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good...”
If we do the simple things like read the Book of Mormon and pray good
things will happen in our lives. Good lesson learned!
    Saturday, was the special day for Henry and Kaydon!! They both got
baptized and received the Holy Ghost on Sunday!! I got to baptize
Henry which was a really special moment for me!! He came out of the
water with the biggest smile on his face!! Same with Kaydon when Elder
Bos baptized him. These lads will be blessed their entire life now
because of that promise they made with God. When Henry received the Holy
Ghost he kept saying McSpadden can you see the difference can you see
it?? He said he could feel the presence of the Lord so strong in his own life.
Great man! Kaydon's whole family came to the baptism except his sister
which was a miracle in it self. They are coming to church more and
the addiction recovery program so we can see some solid progress in
them!
    Saturday was the day we found out moves which is exciting! I'm
staying in Bristol which I'm sooo happy about but Elder Bos is moving
back to London!! Pretty sad to see him go because he was such a good
companion. He taught me a lot and I'm happy we had the chance to serve
together. He’s going to do some great things in life. #BosIsBoss he's
the man for sure! But I also found out my new companion is Elder
Madsen from Lehi Utah!! He came into the mission while I was in
Maidstone and then came to Bristol zone last transfer and is now my new
companion!! We have known each other since he came in and have always gotten
along real well so I'm excited to do some work. We have talked about it
and we've probably played b ball against each other growing up haha
small world.
    Since Elder Madsen's companion got called to be in the office he
was in a trio with Elder Bos and I for a couple days which was fun! We
did a lot of driving to and from because we had to drive Elder Bos to his new
area but it was good!! This last week was way busy with meetings and
driving plus the baptisms so I'm looking forward to this up coming
week with Elder Madsen and I to do some proper teaching, finding etc.
We have tons of people we have found but now its getting some solid
lessons and commitments to attend church. Our mate, Marcus, who we are teaching
tomorrow has had some brilliant questions over messenger these last
couple days so teaching him is going to be good! He says he feels that
warm feeling when reading the book so the Lord is answering his
prayers!!
  I was reading a talk by Elder Cook the other day called the "Eternal
Everyday". It talks about how our goal should be celestial glory and
the way we get there is through humility. Talks about what todays
world classifies humility as and then what the scriptures classify
humility as. Pride is in a sense the root of all evil and we see it
all around us in different forms but the approach the Book of Mormon
gives to deprive pride is becoming a true disciple of Jesus Christ.
Yielding to the enticing of the Holy Spirit, and becoming patient,
humble, meek and submissive full of love. Strive everyday to be humble
and I've learned it comes from sincere heartfelt prayer! Good
insight for myself..

Love you guys!!

-ELDER MCSPADDEN


 Henry's baptism day! Henry, Elder Bos and I
 Kaydon's baptism day!
 Kaydon's family
 Henry, Kaydon, Elder Bos and I
New companion from Lehi, Elder Madsen


No comments:

Post a Comment